I-601a filing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-601a filing

So we received our approval of the I-130, however it states the immigrant may be ineligible for adjustment of status. We know we need to file the I-601A Waiver, but the I-797 states our case has been forwarded to the NVC. Do I need to wait until we hear from the NVC to file the waiver, or do we continue now and file the I-601A now before hearing from the NVC?
    Google is proving to be unreliable for an answer.

Thanks

Originally posted by jpax4141 View Post
    So we received our approval of the I-130, however it states the immigrant may be ineligible for adjustment of status. We know we need to file the I-601A Waiver, but the I-797 states our case has been forwarded to the NVC. Do I need to wait until we hear from the NVC to file the waiver, or do we continue now and file the I-601A now before hearing from the NVC?
    Google is proving to be unreliable for an answer.

Thanks
    According to I-601A instructions, you need to have paid the immigrant visa processing fee before you can file I-601A, and you need to attach a receipt of your fee payment with your I-601A.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

So I understand that the fee needs to be paid, however what I'm asking is if I can do all of that while my I-130 is being reviewed by the NVC or do I have to wait until I hear something from them?

Comment

Working...
      X