Hardship Letters - I-601a

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardship Letters - I-601a

My I-130 was just approved, and I need to file my Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver.
    I have requested from friends and family for letters of character to include with my application, and I am also planning on writing my own letter of hardship. I have googled, and scanned this forum for many examples both of approved and denied letters. In truth, my families main hardship would on the emotional grounds. My husband is the primary bread winner in our family, but my 2 children and him both rely on me for everything. My husband suffers from BPD and is a veteran and I do not know how he would handle being on his own alone, my son has severe anxiety and OCD and relies on me for all but breathing most days (he is 10 and will be writing a statement as well).
    I suppose I am looking for help in how to navigate writing a letter with really, only emotional hardship vs. financial or other.

Originally posted by jpax4141 View Post
    My I-130 was just approved, and I need to file my Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver.
    I have requested from friends and family for letters of character to include with my application, and I am also planning on writing my own letter of hardship. I have googled, and scanned this forum for many examples both of approved and denied letters. In truth, my families main hardship would on the emotional grounds. My husband is the primary bread winner in our family, but my 2 children and him both rely on me for everything. My husband suffers from BPD and is a veteran and I do not know how he would handle being on his own alone, my son has severe anxiety and OCD and relies on me for all but breathing most days (he is 10 and will be writing a statement as well).
    I suppose I am looking for help in how to navigate writing a letter with really, only emotional hardship vs. financial or other.

I would recommend checking out the Immigrate2US.net forums, which has forums dedicated to waivers and hardship letters.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you. I found another website that offered some examples and I shared it with the friends and family who have offered to write letters both of hardship and moral character.
      My biggest fear will be I will have too much?

Comment

Working...
      X