I 824 approved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 824 approved

I 824 was approved in 2007 under category unmarried child of lawful permanent resident.

with lack of knowledge, I didn't do anything.

on I 824 reciept it says "your I 824 application has been approved on June 01,2007.The American Embassy, India will be notified."
    but I am married now and my mother who filed petetion for me is citizen of United States.

Can I do something now or my case was discarded.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Ylkarim21 View Post
    I 824 was approved in 2007 under category unmarried child of lawful permanent resident.

with lack of knowledge, I didn't do anything.

on I 824 reciept it says "your I 824 application has been approved on June 01,2007.The American Embassy, India will be notified."
    but I am married now and my mother who filed petetion for me is citizen of United States.

Can I do something now or my case was discarded.

Thanks.
    Why was I-824 filed? Was it because the I-130 indicated you wanted Adjustment of Status but you changed your mind and wanted to do Consular Processing? Or was it for a derivative beneficiary to follow to join a principal beneficiary?

Regarding the marriage's effect on the petition, it depends on whether the marriage occurred before or after your mother became a US citizen. If you married before your mother became a US citizen, the petition is dead because there is no category for married child of a permanent resident. If you married after your mother became a US citizen, the petition moved from F2B category to F1 category (unmarried over-21 child of citizen) and then to F3 category (married child of citizen).

Even if the marriage didn't invalidate the petition, it may have been revoked already due to inactivity; NVC often revokes petitions that have been inactive for more than a year, so unless you have been calling them to keep it active, there is a good chance that it is already revoked, but you can call them to check.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Working...
    X