re freedom of Information Act requests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re freedom of Information Act requests

Mohan recomended I file a FOI Act request form do I ask specifically for all entry and departure info held on my record??
    thats what I need.

Any Idea how long before I might get an answer??

thanks ??

Mohan recomended I file a FOI Act request form do I ask specifically for all entry and departure info held on my record??
    thats what I need.

Any Idea how long before I might get an answer??

thanks ??

Comment

I am waiting for mine it's been 2 months now..
      it depends if INS already sent yr file to Missouri facility for filing or if it still has it...
      and also be aware sometimes the INS do not send copy of everything that's in yr file...

Comment

Geo:

You should request your complete file which will have all the records so that you will know what info INS has for you. YOu file the application to your Local INS office, they will mail you a letter stating that they have received your request and if your file is at the Missouri facility, it will state that they are transferring your request to Missouri. After that, Missouri will send you a letter saying that they have received your request and it may talk about time frame and the copying cost. The whole process could take anywhere from 3-4 months.

Good Luck and Best Wishes.

Comment

thanks for that help appreciated

Comment

Why don't you call the INS office and ask an IO where your file is. If you have the A# have it ready because they need it to get to your file. You will know the result right away. I think jumping from one office district to another is just a waste of time. Believe me they are very helpful, they will even tell where to write and what to write. But if you have a lawyer let him do it. I think there is a different request form for USC and LPR ,I'm not sure with this.It only takes 2- 3 mos wait.

Comment

Working...
            X