I-751 experience at Vermont/ NYC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 experience at Vermont/ NYC

Hi guys, I received N-400 interview date yesterday in mail. Applied for I-751 in January 2002, got two NOA from BCIS till now extending green card for one year. My interview is in first week of February at garden city, NY. Applied for citizenship in December of 2002. Hope this would help for I-751 people at Vermont.

Time line for Vermont and Dist. Office NYC

I-751 - January 22, 2002 (receipt date)
    First NOA - January 26, 2002 (1 year green card extension)
    N-400 - December 18, 2002
    Second NOA - 8/18/2003 (1 year green card extension)
    N-400 Interview – First week of February 2003.

Hi guys, I received N-400 interview date yesterday in mail. Applied for I-751 in January 2002, got two NOA from BCIS till now extending green card for one year. My interview is in first week of February at garden city, NY. Applied for citizenship in December of 2002. Hope this would help for I-751 people at Vermont.

Time line for Vermont and Dist. Office NYC

I-751 - January 22, 2002 (receipt date)
    First NOA - January 26, 2002 (1 year green card extension)
    N-400 - December 18, 2002
    Second NOA - 8/18/2003 (1 year green card extension)
    N-400 Interview – First week of February 2003.

Comment

Thank you so much Vivek.
      Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Vivek,

Did you get your I-751 approved yet? I'm in similar situation. Look for my posts on I-751 and N-400 issue. Good luck.

Comment

vivek

did you have to apply for 1 yr GC extension separately or did they mail you a document that automatically extends your GC(this sounds too good to be true)...??

i just got my temporary GC stamp recently and have no clue about what to expect for I751...

thanks.

Comment

Miller:
              First Notice of Action basically extended my green card for one year. Once it was expired I went to district office and got my passport stamped so that it extended my green card for one more year and before it expires I got second NOA on 8/18/2003 that extended my green card for another year. And then I got interview date. But since last month or so things are finally moving with I-751.

Comment

Daniel,
                My I-751 application is not approved yet and I got a letter for initial Naturalization interview. Good luck.

Comment

Update from VSC:
                  My I-751 is approved before my naturalization interview. Today I got a letter saying that my request for the removal of the conditional basis of my permanent resident has been approved. Also saying that I am deemed to be a lawful permanent resident of the United States as of the date of my original admission.

I have to appear in person at NYC dist. Office with passport and three pictures so that USCIS will mail my green card within next six months.

FYI,

Filed I-751 @ VSC on January 22, 2002
                  N-400 in December 2002.
                  N-400 Interview February first week (Next month).

Comment

Did you file a waiver ? It took 2 years ???

Comment

Nope.

Comment

vivek:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now you know you won't have problems at your N400 interview!

Comment

HOLY COW!!!

I have not been keeping up with INS issues since receiving my conditional green card that was based on marriage 18 months ago.

I am, according to my last dealings with INS, supposed to file to remove my conditions.

Only 18 months have passed since than and I am in a state of shock with the processing times.

TWO BLOODY YEARS????
                          I am to file with Nebraska.

So, going from the posts on this topic I have picked up some useful info.

But I would like someone to confirm something for me. It was asked by someone else but didn't really get the answer I wanted.

Seeing it will now take 2 years for them to process my I-751, will they automatically give me an extension on my current conditional green card that will expire in July?
                          Or do I have apply for another form along with my I-751?

I appreciate your knowledge.

Cheers

Doof

Comment

Doof:

As you already discover, some USCIS Service Centers are taking a RIDICULOUS amount of time to process I-751's!

When you file your I-751 you will get a Notice of Action [NOA] that is a receipt of your filing and that also extends your conditional green card for one year, if you travel, you must carry this receipt, your then expired conditional green card, and your passport.

Now, it will most likely happen that this receipt will also expire before you get a decision on your filed I-751 so if they don't send you in the mail a new NOA, what you have to do is maybe 3 weeks before the NOA expires make a trip to your local District USCIS office and get an I-551 stamp in your passport for another year! [this time they will also take away from you your conditional green card]

I want to also let you know that you can file N-400 [Naturalization] once you are a conditional permanent resident for 2 years and 9 months [if you still married to your USCIS spose], since USCIS allows to file N400 3 months before you met the 3 years residency requirement. It is very advisable to file N-400 while your I-751 is pending, just as vivek did, because it will not only save you time towards your citizenship, it might compel USCIS to take action on your I-751 since they either procces the I-751 before the N-400 interview, or adjudicate both applications at the N-400 interview.

Hope it helps!

Comment

Vivek,

This is a great news. Congratulations and good luck at your N-400 interview.

Comment

Working...
                              X