RFE for I-140

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE for I-140

I am an RN and was working in a hospital from January 2008 to December 14, 2008 on OPT. IN June, I-140 was filed under schedule A category for nurses. I stopped working in the hospital from 15 Dec 2008 because my OPT expired that day. Then I went back to school on F-1 status. On Dec. 19, 2008, USCIS sent a RFE of job advertisement. We sent it yesterday. Will my not working in the hospital now be the ground of denial of my I-140? Thank you.

I am an RN and was working in a hospital from January 2008 to December 14, 2008 on OPT. IN June, I-140 was filed under schedule A category for nurses. I stopped working in the hospital from 15 Dec 2008 because my OPT expired that day. Then I went back to school on F-1 status. On Dec. 19, 2008, USCIS sent a RFE of job advertisement. We sent it yesterday. Will my not working in the hospital now be the ground of denial of my I-140? Thank you.

Comment

Hello no_tension,

Welcome to the ILW.

Please check in every now and then and some of our senior members will be able to answer your question.
      Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by no_tension:

Will my not working in the hospital now be the ground of denial of my I-140? ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, never a ground for denial. It's quite the opposite because a petitioner's filing of Form I-140 on your behalf doesn't entail work authorization but merely an employment offer.

Comment

thank you Rough Neighbor

Comment

Working...
          X