hardtime and she left me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardtime and she left me

hello there everyone , i got terrible news for everyone . i was married 3 years ago . and known and been with my wife for total 6 .
    i was freelancing and contracting by small computer companies and made good money . in
    web development /networking /programming .

well lately economy being not that good
    and i couldn't find freelance work . so i had
    to work .small jobs with less money . i mean really less well

my wife was LPR . and also went for her finger/prints/interview ... after being with me for 6 years . decided . there's no future for us .. . same person . who knew after i get EAD . i will be working for either dupont or astra zeneca for their IT department ..
    she filed for divorced ... and told me that i don't have money and that she don't there's a future for us (she knew about this since day one that i was not legal )

i went to the special registration NTA was issued . for overstaying .
    my court date is this month .

can someone tell me . what choice do i have ?
    i am sure . i will be deported . but knowing that i lived here for 12 years .. is there anything i can do ? i never married my wife for a green card .she was an LRP when i met her and 3 years worth of dating . and then got married in jan 2000 .. filed for i130
    never heard anything from them .. since then

so can someone help me ?

hello there everyone , i got terrible news for everyone . i was married 3 years ago . and known and been with my wife for total 6 .
    i was freelancing and contracting by small computer companies and made good money . in
    web development /networking /programming .

well lately economy being not that good
    and i couldn't find freelance work . so i had
    to work .small jobs with less money . i mean really less well

my wife was LPR . and also went for her finger/prints/interview ... after being with me for 6 years . decided . there's no future for us .. . same person . who knew after i get EAD . i will be working for either dupont or astra zeneca for their IT department ..
    she filed for divorced ... and told me that i don't have money and that she don't there's a future for us (she knew about this since day one that i was not legal )

i went to the special registration NTA was issued . for overstaying .
    my court date is this month .

can someone tell me . what choice do i have ?
    i am sure . i will be deported . but knowing that i lived here for 12 years .. is there anything i can do ? i never married my wife for a green card .she was an LRP when i met her and 3 years worth of dating . and then got married in jan 2000 .. filed for i130
    never heard anything from them .. since then

so can someone help me ?

Comment

find another wife

Comment

Hello Immigrant,

I am so sad and so sorry to hear about what has happened. It really is sad that she could not accept you for who you are and that you were trying to do your best.

I really wish I had the answer for you, but I am not sure what to tell you, so I am hoping after I post it might help grab someone's attention that may be able to guide you with a hopeful answer.

Immigrant, know that you will be in my prayers and I really do wish you the best of luck.

God Bless You!

Comment

Immigrant, it is not clear from yr post that yr wife is a USC or LPR, because one side you said that she was LPR and went for fingerprinting interview, so i can only assume at this time that she has filed for naturalization and went for fingerprinting for that application. Then, it also confuse me that if she is not citzen yet, then how you can obtain EAD. Well, there is lots of confusion to me in understanding yr post and analyzing for best advise, so do me a favor, if you can answer me specifically to the following questions-(1)what was the immigration status of yr wife at the time of yr marriage as well as her status when you filed the paper work, (2) is there any abuse going on towards you, not necessary physically, i could be mentally also, (3) is there any children born in this marriage (4) what is the status of yr divorce case, i mean- whether it is finalize or not, (4) what are the ground for divorce she alleged on divorce complaint, (5) do you have any USC or LPR blood related relatives over here and whether you are helping them in any sense, not necessary financially but emmotionally also, (6) why did INS issue you NTA specifically when you have valid EAD and i assume specifically when yr AOS is pending to process, (7) when is yr court date, (8) did you ever or now is contributing or helping soceity in any forms, (9) did you ever commit any crime here, (10) how long you have been working here (any kind of job),or do you have complete record for yr tax returns, (11) whether or not yr wife withdrew I-130 application.

I hope you will understand my situation since i don't wanna give my opinion if i don't know the complete fact about yr situation.

Comment

the status of my wife at marriage was LPR
            about the abuse . she tortured me day and night about i shoud find more work . i should work extra . knowing that .i can't work .
            no children in this marriage
            she filed the divorce last wednesday
            i don't have anyone here . who is related to me
            who is lpr or usc . but i do help out lots of my friends . who are usc or lpr
            INS issue NTA cuz of the overy stay 12 years
            i dont have EAD i have tax identification number and i work as a freelancer /slef employed contractor
            my court date is sept 20th
            i never commit any crime
            i130 petition she is withdraw it soon .... maybe next week ...

Comment

Immigrant, i still need to know the status of wife at the time of filing I-130 for you, as well what is her status now.

You received the tax payer identification which you can use only for paying taxes, that is, and it is given to foreigner by IRS who can not obtain ss# thru SSA. So, you had no right anyway to work at first place, and i assume that the filing status of yr I-130 petition is spouse of LPR wife, otherwise, you could receive EAD based on pending application of I-485 which you can file together with I-130 if yr wife is USC. Now, because of verbal and mental abuse, you are entitled to file for I-360, a battered spouse application, but you need to gather lots of documentary evidences in order to prove yr case, and you need to move fast regardless since you will be going in front of judge, otherwise you will be deported. Get the application I-130 and read it carefully, but like i tell you that you must be abused whether physically or mentally. Your wife won't know anything about it, and even if she withdrew it, it doesn't matter. But, there is problem in yr case, since there is NTA has been issued already, and you have no status here, i don't think personally that you will be eligible for waiver or can avoid deportation, but if judge agree with yr hardship evidences then you will be able to get GC right away. But, from what i understand yr situation, i hardly doubted that judge would grant you any waiver or GC because you really don't have any compelling reason to stay here. If i were you, i would find some USC girlfriend and marry her right away in a legitimate intent at least for the time being because immigration judge would automatically presume that you married to USC just to avoid deportation and then you will go thru great scrutiny. I think that is the only option left for you if you don't wanna deported right away, because i strongly believe 99.99% judge will order for yr deportation, specifically in views of theseday's situation. Whatever, you wanna decide you must decide now, because you has very short time, otherwise ignore NTA since anyway you were living without any status until now, change yr address and find another USC wife to marry in true sense because once there is deportation, then immigration judge is the one will decide you fate in the future, and you must need a USC wife in order to avoid deportation and to stay in this country. I am not suggusting you to find someone to manipulate our immigration laws, while what i am saying is that you can find USC woman to love you and marry you, since love can always be developed later on. Good luck, my friend.

Comment

Sammy:

Read 1st sentence of the 4th Paragraph. She is a LPR. Is it clear enough now.

Comment

To Guest,

Sammy does his best to make sure he understands everything correctly so that he will not misguide anyone and I respect him very much for this.

Please, if you want to post, there are many others that could use your help.

Thanks Guest!

Comment

TO: GUEST

I believe i am not the one who need to read any paragraph or the entire posts of original poster, instead you are the who need eye-glasses to read clearly because original poster never mentioned anywhere on his any post here that his wife "IS" LPR, while what he mentioned is that his wife "WAS" LPR. Don't you know english grammer to understand the difference between "IS" and "WAS". Secondly, original poster mentioned cleary that his wife went to fingerprinting interview which automatically gives the clue to me that she might has applied for naturalization, otherwise why she was fingerprinted. Do you believe that she went to fingerprinting for green card application when she was already LPR according to original poster. Thirdly, you have kept yr eye and mind closed since you have ammoysity against me anyway in order to contradict me since you have done just few minutes ago to others of my posts on this board, that's why you can not even read my question clearly wherein i was also asking the current immigration status of his wife alongwith what was her status at the time of marriage, rather than all other bullsheets. The reason me to ask his wife current status is, if his wife is USC citizen then he can able to file his adjustment of application right away along with work permit application based on approval of his I-360, which usually takes only 30-60 days to process, and this way he could able to prove to the immigration judge about the hardship and abuse automatically because I-360 would not be approved if he can not prove hardship as well as abuse and approval of this application gives the judge to grant his residency since he doesn't need to prove again to the judge. Right now, he is not on deportation proceeding while he only received a notice to come to court and to answer why he should not deported since everyone has a right to defend themselve in a court of law. So, he might have pretty good chance to approve specifically when he is married for 3 yrs. Well, anyway, i don't need to explain to you all this stuff since you seems to be a knowledgeable person who can see and read very carefully in order to analayze the given situation.

Comment

Sammy are you originally from the United Sates?

Comment

sammy i thank you for your help

can u answer me . if i apply for 245i now
                        i do have a sponsor . who is willing to sponsor me ...
                        will that help me . if i apply before my court date ? and how long will it take
                        before i get EAD or something ?

Comment

TO: IMMIGRANT

You can not receive p.residency in any given situation unless immigration judge says "granted" to yr case because you were issued NTA and you must need to face immigration judge oneway or another, regardless of under category you will be filing yr papers under, periord. Immigration has no authority on you to decide your fate once NTA is issued, only judge will be the one would decide you fate from now on.

Second, you are not eligbile to file any papers yet, unless sec 245 (i) is extended, which is still pending for final approval and nobody know how long it will take, may be yr or more. Third, even though if you are "grandfather" for sec. 245(i) and have someone to sponsor you, you can not get green card for upto 10 or more, if you are not highly skilled professional.Fourth, even if you get approval on yr labor certification which might takes 2 or more yrs depends on yr jurisdiction, you still can not get EAD because only time you can get EAD if you have adjustment of application pending,rather than any other immigration petitions or labor application, which means you need to wait 5 or more yrs at least before filing AOS in order to get EAD. Fifth, do you think that you have that much time now, when NTA is outstanding, i means you have only 1-4 months only to decide what you wanna do. Sixth, your sponser may file the papers for you without any problem, but you can not adjust yr status here unless sec.245 (i) is extended, otherwise you need to go back to yr country and once you go back, you will be bar for 10yrs regardless sec. 245(i) is extended or not, and only way you can get waiver on this bar situation if you have USC wife or parents, that is. Seventh, yr case must be presented to immigration judge with or without you since NTA is issued on you. Eight, the only chance for you is to marry another USC woman because this the only way you can get waiver and there is no any way around in yr situation since you don't have much time as well as there is no any other compelling reasons for you to stay here. Eight, even though you have a sponsor to sponsor you , but you can not get waiver thru yr sponsor, which you must, must, must need if you need any kind of relief from immigration, periord. The only application which takes shorter time is I-360, and if it gets approved and if yr wife is a USC, then you can file for AOS right away alongwith 'employment authorization permit' application once I-360 is approved. But, you being a male and without knowing any recorded documentation in yr situation, it is very hard to get approval on I-360 petition, and anyway to get a approval on this petition is very hard. I can not possibly think any better option for you at this point except marrying to another USC woman or just stay illegally the way you were living so far and marry later on if you find someone, but either way you do need a USC wife in order to get a waiver from judge. I wish i could help you better, but i have tried my best. Good luck.

TO: QUEST

First of all, what does it make difference where i am from, i mean originally or naturally, as long as questions are being answered, right? Second, are there anyone "originally" from U.S. except red indians, since being having born here doesn't mean that they are "originally" from here. Yes, you can say 'natural born' if you were born here, but not originally. Third, do you have intention to judge "original nationality" of someone based on how i(or others) write or view the life? Fourth, i do wanna stick to immigration issue only rather than getting to the personal information. Sorry, and no offence to you. Fifth, i am a natural born USC, but my parents are also came here from other places as others americans or their parents.

Thanks again for yr interest.

Comment

Marrying while in deportation proceedings will be seen as extremely suspicious.

Comment

Sammy will take care of you..

Comment

Working...
                              X