Advance Parole

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance Parole

The time to receive my AP has expired...and I need to travel to see my father that is very sick.

Anybody knows if I go to INS, I can get this document, or I have to continue waiting ...

The time to receive my AP has expired...and I need to travel to see my father that is very sick.

Anybody knows if I go to INS, I can get this document, or I have to continue waiting ...

Comment

I obtained my AP the same day when I went to the Newark field office... I would assume that you can do the same where you are (although I have heard that other centers have different processing times)...

Comment

Arqu...how/what did you do to get your AP?
        You have to prove that you need to travel...
        And have you travel with this document to reentry the US without a problem?
        My application has been assigned to an immigration officer in the Miami district office.

Comment

They did mine really quickly here in Oklahoma. I told them it was really urgent for me to travel and actually sent a stamped overnight envelope.
          Time was running out and since you can't call this office, I called my senator's office and they called the INS and found out for me that they approved it and it was in the mail that same day. I got it in the nick of time.

One thing: do NOT leave without it.

Comment

I left without it and my application for adjustment of status was denied.

I received a letter after the final interview informing me that I had 18 days to leave the country. However, it also indicated that I can re-apply. The problem is that the conditions have changed:

1. My husband and sponsor is without a job (currently doing an internship) but my father in law volunteered to be a joint sponsor

2. I re-entered the country with a visa waiver

3. Just moved from San Francisco to DC and need to file the change of address form (10 days) + file re-application here in DC (18 days have past).

I am not sure whether or not I still qualify since I'm no longer adjusting from a J-1 but the visa waiver. I may be out of status.

I re-entered last on 07/01/02 and continued using my employment authorization, which expires mid january.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for your time

Jessica

Comment

Working...
            X