trying to find the right lawyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to find the right lawyer

My husband was denied a visa about 3 years ago because they said our marriage was a fraud, which is not. We have 8 years together. The problems is that I've been looking for a good lawyer for our case because it's kind of complicated. I found a lawyer who is willing to help us, actually I found her in this web site and said I can file a k-3 for him and once he's here file an I-485 adjustment of status. It's much more forms we have to file but the point is she is charging us 3,500 for the whole process. I don't know if she's a good choice but I don't know if I should keep looking and put her on hold. Please help me. I really don't what to do. The only thing I know is that I really want my husband here with me. Please help.

My husband was denied a visa about 3 years ago because they said our marriage was a fraud, which is not. We have 8 years together. The problems is that I've been looking for a good lawyer for our case because it's kind of complicated. I found a lawyer who is willing to help us, actually I found her in this web site and said I can file a k-3 for him and once he's here file an I-485 adjustment of status. It's much more forms we have to file but the point is she is charging us 3,500 for the whole process. I don't know if she's a good choice but I don't know if I should keep looking and put her on hold. Please help me. I really don't what to do. The only thing I know is that I really want my husband here with me. Please help.

Comment

Why dont you apply for the K3 yourself and skip the lawyer altogether? There is good info on K3 thru immigration dot gov. Its supposed to be a 6 to 12 month approval process. In my case I had recd my approved 130 and 129f (you'll need to file both to process under LIFE act), within 6 weeks. Good luck

Comment

Hi Josephine,
        If you feel more comfortable w/a lawyer taking care of your case I highly recommend this layer in NY.
        E-mail him and he'll let you know about the price etc.He is not expensive!!!!!!
        His e-mail address is:immigration_counselor@hotmail.com
        I consulted w/at least 7 lawyers before I found Mr.Andrew and I'm glad I did,he is really good.
        Good Luck!

Comment

I would be willing to work with you to make it an affordable process.

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

I would be willing to work with you to make the process affordable.

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

Why was the visa denied? What led them to believe that you were committing fraud? Was your I-130 revoked? What are the complications in your case? Filing for a K-3 won't help unless the underlying problems are solved first. The Consul will just deny the visa again.

$3,500 for filing for a visa is asinine. Post here, and get help. If that doesn't work, then you can decide if you want to be bled dry by your lawyer.

The Grand Poo-Bah
              Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckhounds and Groom of the Back Stairs

Comment

this is for Lord Chief of Justice. When I petitoned for I actually did it myself. Everything came out pretty good. the problem was in the interview, this was in the Dominican Republic. They found out he had another woman, I had no problem with that. Usually dominican men have 2 or 3 women at a time and more if their wife are not around. But that's not their business. Anyway they denied the visa and closed the case. It was sent to INS. Now after 3 years I want to try again, this time with a lawyer which I know I'm going to need it. Please help.

Comment

this is for eli, I will consider your lawyer. I'm going to email him just to see what he says. Thank you very much.

Comment

i have read that they will not approve him if they believe he will practice polygamy in the united states. so to immigration his actions and your accepting it would be a problem for him to get into the united states. good luck.

Comment

Hmm. This will be a problem. First of all, what happened to your original petition? Did the INS/BCIS revoke the I-130? Second, what have you done since then to show you are maintaining a valid marital relationship. Third, when you say he has other women, are these affairs or does he have other marriages? His relationships are part of the Consul's business. It is part of the review to establish his eligibility to benefit from your petition and admission to the US. He would be well advised to end his other relationships and show that you are fully reconciled.

The Grand Poo-Bah

Comment

This is to Lord Chief of Justice. To answer your question
                        1. Our case was sent to INS . I don't know what they have done with our original petition. 2. I moved to the Dominican Republic. I've been there for more than 3 years just got back. I think that's enough proof. 3. You can say it was an affair, he is not married and he is not with her anymore.

Comment

OK. This isn't so bad. The first thing you need to do is track down the original petition. Check the receipt number on line. Call the 1-800 # (one of the few times that they may give correct information) to see if there is a record of the status of the petition and where it is located. If the petition has not been revoked get assistance in having it reaffirmed. If it has been revoked, get a copy of the notice. Address the issues and file a new petition. Then start the process for the K3.

The Grand Poo-Bah

Comment

okay, I tried getting the status of the receipt number and it can't be found so I guess I'll try calling to see if they have any information. But I'm going to keep trying. But do I really need to track down the original petition to file a K-3?

Comment

Hi Josephine,

If you are still looking for other options for lawyers mmorales has done this board a lot of good and then there is Alex Halow in which I find very down to earth, open, and very honest. I have noticed on his website his fees are very reasonable. If interested you might want to check him out at:

Alex Halow
                              www.k1fianceevisas.com

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X