Which takes longer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which takes longer?

Married to a USC. Filed 130, 485 and EAD in Newark NJ on 12/02. Received letter with priority dates stating 485 should be done by 05/02, EAD by 02/02 and 130 by 9/02. I thought that the 485 could not be completed until the 130 was done. What would take so long for the 130 to be completed. My lawyer advised me the whole process should take 6 months, but I keep seeing people who have been waiting for years. Am I missing something? Or is my lawyer just sugar coating this?

Married to a USC. Filed 130, 485 and EAD in Newark NJ on 12/02. Received letter with priority dates stating 485 should be done by 05/02, EAD by 02/02 and 130 by 9/02. I thought that the 485 could not be completed until the 130 was done. What would take so long for the 130 to be completed. My lawyer advised me the whole process should take 6 months, but I keep seeing people who have been waiting for years. Am I missing something? Or is my lawyer just sugar coating this?

Comment

People who wait for years are people who are being sponsored by their parents, children, LPRs.....spouses of USC takes a lot less time.

Comment

Does it take longer to file with service center, or with local office? My lawyer said the whole process should take 6-9 months. Last I checked the processing time for Vermont service center for I-130 was they were processing 07/10/02 petitions. Even though I filed in Newark, will my 130 be done in Vermont and not be ready until 09/03?

Comment

Working...
        X