Completing I-485

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completing I-485

Recently married USC. I am now completing forms and I need assistance to ensure that they are completed correctly. Please help!!!!!!

Recently married USC. I am now completing forms and I need assistance to ensure that they are completed correctly. Please help!!!!!!

Comment

what kind of assistance do you need

Comment

For instance - one question asks about current INS status - I stated non-immigrant resident. Also name of current employer - I have left that blank for now. Is it ok to state that I am currently working and for how long. My I-94 expired Nov '99 and I started my current job April 2000.

Comment

As to current INS status... are you here on visa (immigrant or non-immigrant)? If yes, and the visa has not expired, put in the visa type (i.e.: H-1B, TN, L-1A, etc.). If yes, but the visa has expired, put N/A (not applicable). If no, put N/A (not applicable). "non-immigrant resident" means absolutely nothing. Even if you are not working lawfully, always put your employer address and name. If you had a visa and it expired, answer the questions regarding the I-94. Believe me, you are better off by being honest, or things will come up and bite you in the butt when you least want them.

Comment

Thank you. My visa has not yet expired. I went over the forms last night and I stated my employer information as I thought about it. You are right it might come back to bite me in the rear. Should all forms be submitted @once, i.e. I-130, I-485 & I-765 .

Comment

Absolutely all at once. If you are eligible, you may also want to submit the I-131 for advance parole and don't forget the affidavit of support, pictures, 3 years of tax returns, financial documentation, W-2s, etc. It's been my experience that USCIS takes a very thorough look at the financial documents.

Comment

How would I be eligible for I-131?

Comment

Working...
                X