Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what guarantee of entry does student visa provide?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what guarantee of entry does student visa provide?

My friend, a Brasilian citizen working in Argentina, is leaving security and distinction to pursue a PhD program in language/literature in the USA. He has a visa interview Tuesday (earlier than originally scheduled); and a letter from his employer, which is the Brazilian Embassy, to the American Embassy requesting his student visa.

I have heard INS border agents can deny entry based on suspicion. If that's true, are there parameters to protect visa holders from INS workers' bad moods or paranoia? Does the student visa guarantee entry? What are the chances of an INS worker denying entry? Where is any of this to be found in writing?

My friend, a Brasilian citizen working in Argentina, is leaving security and distinction to pursue a PhD program in language/literature in the USA. He has a visa interview Tuesday (earlier than originally scheduled); and a letter from his employer, which is the Brazilian Embassy, to the American Embassy requesting his student visa.

I have heard INS border agents can deny entry based on suspicion. If that's true, are there parameters to protect visa holders from INS workers' bad moods or paranoia? Does the student visa guarantee entry? What are the chances of an INS worker denying entry? Where is any of this to be found in writing?

Comment

A visa is not permission to enter the US...it is only an object to ask permission for admission. INS makes the determination of admissability. What are this person' chances of being denied admission? Probably very very low, unless he/she has had some real problems with immigration officials before.

Comment

Working...
      X