Adjustment of status for marriage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment of status for marriage

Four years ago I met my husband. We became friends and began to date after a two year friendship. I called INS for my own personal information to see what the law was in regards to
    marriage. I spoke to a woman who told me as long as my spouse came here with a visa that I wouln't ave a problem. When the issue of assylum being granted for a permanent stay came up over a year ago I was told the same basic information that he was fienw as long as I was an American citizen. A year later I was told by someone that he could be deported because he came here on a C1 visa. As I stated before the two occassions I called I wasn't given this information. What is the truth? Can he be deported although it's a legitimate marriage? I have tried to follow the law and it's not fair that I called to find out the specifics and wasn't given the proper information. Why is it that we (couples ) with legitimate circumstances put through the ringer? Can anything be done about this? Is it true that he would be sent back regardless to my petition? Please help me. If you have information on C! visa and marriage please help me. I love my husband more than anything. Thank you.

Four years ago I met my husband. We became friends and began to date after a two year friendship. I called INS for my own personal information to see what the law was in regards to
    marriage. I spoke to a woman who told me as long as my spouse came here with a visa that I wouln't ave a problem. When the issue of assylum being granted for a permanent stay came up over a year ago I was told the same basic information that he was fienw as long as I was an American citizen. A year later I was told by someone that he could be deported because he came here on a C1 visa. As I stated before the two occassions I called I wasn't given this information. What is the truth? Can he be deported although it's a legitimate marriage? I have tried to follow the law and it's not fair that I called to find out the specifics and wasn't given the proper information. Why is it that we (couples ) with legitimate circumstances put through the ringer? Can anything be done about this? Is it true that he would be sent back regardless to my petition? Please help me. If you have information on C! visa and marriage please help me. I love my husband more than anything. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X