I-485 and SSN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 and SSN

I have a my appointement for I-485 with my new wife in Jan. She still hasn't recieved her SSN although she got her work permit. W put our application in Sept. I am USC she is not and worked for 6 mos. with an invented SSN. Does the INS check with Social Security when they do a background check before the I-485 interview. We have to go together. I am confused and scared.

I have a my appointement for I-485 with my new wife in Jan. She still hasn't recieved her SSN although she got her work permit. W put our application in Sept. I am USC she is not and worked for 6 mos. with an invented SSN. Does the INS check with Social Security when they do a background check before the I-485 interview. We have to go together. I am confused and scared.

Comment

If they'll find out that one has worked with a fake SSN the person will be denied the green card.

Comment

The use of a false SSN for employment or unauthorized employment will not make her inadmissible if she is applying for adjustment as the spouse of a US citizen. However, the use of fraudulent documents (including SSN card) to obtain benefits can make her inadmissible (green card denial).

You can contact the Social Security Administration and the IRS to correct her employment history.

Comment

Do not worry my friend I worked for about 3 years with fake ssn. When I had my interview for my gc I told them the truth about it and they let it go and I got approved for my gc. Do not worry about just say the truth about it. Remenber just answer what they want to know.

Comment

Working...
          X