Unsure?!?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsure?!?!?

Help me please! I am an US citizen who is going to marry a British citizen. My finacee is also in the British Army and is stationed in Germany. But I have question and unfourtunely I am new to this and don't quite understand enough lawyer speak to understand what I am reading! First, can we just hop on a plane to Vegas and get married with no troubles? Second, I have read something about him having to stay in the US for 6 months without leaving for residency, but that is just not possiable with his posting. Can anyone suggest anything or help explain if I am getting this wrong. Thank you!

Help me please! I am an US citizen who is going to marry a British citizen. My finacee is also in the British Army and is stationed in Germany. But I have question and unfourtunely I am new to this and don't quite understand enough lawyer speak to understand what I am reading! First, can we just hop on a plane to Vegas and get married with no troubles? Second, I have read something about him having to stay in the US for 6 months without leaving for residency, but that is just not possiable with his posting. Can anyone suggest anything or help explain if I am getting this wrong. Thank you!

Comment

First I would advise you to do it the 'right' way, meaning applying for a fiancee visa and get married than.

If you decide to get married right away, and yes you can just do that in Las Vegas, you will have to file for AOS. There will be no need for him to stay in the US for 6 months. When you file for AOS you have to file for a traveldocument too so he can leave and reenter the country but he cannot be absent from the US for more than 6 months while his application is pending.

Comment

Working...
      X