MSC report update ... maybe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSC report update ... maybe?

I happened to be at www.zulkie.com ... a law firm in Chicago. They had a processing report for NBC/MSC for 09/15. For everyone else, the last published report has been for 09/01.

Any comments on its authenticity?

Also, the part of the Zulkie report that I am interested in is for I-129F (K-3). They show it at 07/18. The 09/01 report showed it at 04/17. The 08/15 report showed it at 07/14.

Do you think that 04/17 was a typo and they meant 07/14?

Even if thats the case, its still not good news, as it would indicate that the adjudications are progressing slowly.

I happened to be at www.zulkie.com ... a law firm in Chicago. They had a processing report for NBC/MSC for 09/15. For everyone else, the last published report has been for 09/01.

Any comments on its authenticity?

Also, the part of the Zulkie report that I am interested in is for I-129F (K-3). They show it at 07/18. The 09/01 report showed it at 04/17. The 08/15 report showed it at 07/14.

Do you think that 04/17 was a typo and they meant 07/14?

Even if thats the case, its still not good news, as it would indicate that the adjudications are progressing slowly.

Comment

When I say 'they' in 'Do you think that 04/17 was a typo and they meant 07/14?', I mean MSC.

Comment

Hey Goldrush,

This is pretty interesting, and you make a good point about the April 17 vs. July 14 thing. I still kind of doubt this, both because I think they actually type out the name of the month (at least, that's how it is on the reports I see), making a typo somewhat less likely than if they used numbers, and because I bet they have been getting a lot of calls about this, so if it was a mistake I would have thought they would have issued a correction.

The report from the law firm might be legit, and would actually fit the pattern if this was either a typo or a "retrograde" (since if they go back, it is usually just for a few cases). But I can't confirm it at this point.

I tried calling the MSC and through an informal inquiry to a congressional staff person I know to see if I could find out more details about why processing at MSC seems to be getting so much slower. I am sorry to say that I have not gotten any solid answers yet. I may try again next week, and will let you know (or if I see/hear any other explanation that makes sense).

-Alex Halow

Comment

Thanks, Alex. Any info will be appreciated.

So, if retrograding was occuring, it would mean that they are moving along at a decent pace. The report on 08/15 showed processing for 07/14. Then, @ 09/01, they were doing 04/17. Then on 09/15, they were doing 07/18.

So, the retrograding took place for about 3 weeks (08/15 - little before 09/15). Then, they quickly did 4 more days in July.

I would assume that they are now (09/15 - 10/15) working on late July and early August.

I filed my I-129F on 08/11. Even if they are adjudicating 08/11 as of now (or are shortly going to), I wouldn't be hearing anything yet, since it takes a while for them to do IBIS checks on my file.

So, what do you think, Alex?

Also, I emailed Paul Zulkie (of that Chicago firm). He replied that they are very prompt compared to other firms in posting reports. He also said that it probably would take another 1-3 mths to process my file.

Comment

Goldrush,

All sounds plausible. Maybe he gets his reports a little quicker than I do, too . . . .

On the retrograde, if that is the answer, that would fit the pattern: they go back to get a few stray petitions, which drives the processing date back, but they catch up fairly quickly since there are only a limited number of stray petitions to get through (its not like they actually had to go back and re-do a whole 3 months worth of work). Let's hope that's it, and that the rest of your theory (that they are now working on late July/August) is true too.

Comment

Working...
            X