umesh, sammy, please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• umesh, sammy, please help

I just got word that my mom passed away and that the funeral will be next week. I am a international student and would like to know when I leave the country to attend her funeral will I be able to come back to the usa again and for how long can i stay in my country. please reply.

I just got word that my mom passed away and that the funeral will be next week. I am a international student and would like to know when I leave the country to attend her funeral will I be able to come back to the usa again and for how long can i stay in my country. please reply.

Comment

I'm not saying that Sammy has died, but ATPIT it looks like only Umesh is present.

Comment

please reply

Comment

My condolences on this bad news. As long as you are in status, you will have no problem returning to the country. If I were you, I would talk to my international school advisor and obtain letters that give you permission to be away from school for those days to attend your mother's funeral. The best thing for you to do upon return is carry some evidence like a copy of death certificate or stuff like that and have any other documentation you can obtain. I would arrange to have my advisor, cell phone number just in case you have a problem returning, but geneally all should be fine.
          I would also draw your attention to the new SEVIS program. If you have been in status and your school partipates in the program, I dont think you will have a big problem reentering the country.

Good luck and please ensure you have all your paperwork before you leave for home.

Comment

Wait'til dawn, what is the meaning of ATPIT?

Comment

Working...
            X