Getting married, different location

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting married, different location

My wife-to-be and I will be filing to petition for my green card after our marriage in the next month. We have decided to get married after 1.5 years of dating. We lived to gether for 6 months last year before she was transferred to another city. So, I have been going down to see her once a month or so. After marriage, my house will be the permanent residence, but she will still be working out of a different city (we'll see each other every few weeks), because both of us have well-paying jobs. She will start looking for a job back in my city but given the market, who knows how long it will take before she gets one that she likes and pays as well.

Because of the possibility that by interview time we may still be separate (but seeing each other), will my application be disqualified?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

My wife-to-be and I will be filing to petition for my green card after our marriage in the next month. We have decided to get married after 1.5 years of dating. We lived to gether for 6 months last year before she was transferred to another city. So, I have been going down to see her once a month or so. After marriage, my house will be the permanent residence, but she will still be working out of a different city (we'll see each other every few weeks), because both of us have well-paying jobs. She will start looking for a job back in my city but given the market, who knows how long it will take before she gets one that she likes and pays as well.

Because of the possibility that by interview time we may still be separate (but seeing each other), will my application be disqualified?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Comment

Working...
    X