i-130 transfered to district office

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-130 transfered to district office

my wife is lpr. she filed i-130 for me in 2001.but we got a letter from vsc that our case has been transfered to the bcis district office for processing.do the bcis local offices process i-130 cases? pls advice

my wife is lpr. she filed i-130 for me in 2001.but we got a letter from vsc that our case has been transfered to the bcis district office for processing.do the bcis local offices process i-130 cases? pls advice

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

for your information i am legal in this country. i'm on h2b visa. so think very well before you contribute next time

Comment

Our interview for my husband's AOS via marriage petition was held at a local office and they are the ones doing the processing. Not sure if that is good news for you or bad news; local offices do not use the BCIS website so you cannot check status online; also our office (Minneapolis) is extremely slow. Best of luck to you.

Comment

hi lurker,
            anyway, i will call that a good news for me since the petition has been at the service center for 2 years.but now they transfered it and informed me that it is to speed up the process.i only want to know if that is okay since my wife is a pr not usc.could advise on this?

Comment

alexajayi, I am in a similar situation!!! What are the chances I ask you?! In 1999, my LPR spouse filed I-130 for me with TSC, which used to be notoriously slow (and I presume it still is); so the petition sat there and gathered dust per ritual without being adjudicated. We relocated to Midwest in 2002, and my attorney sent out a request for TSC to transfer the I-130 to NSC as the new service center with jurisdiction. I don't know if that request actually worked or not. Most likely it didn't since sometime after relocating I was able to locate a TSC service rep (or whatever the designation is) on the phone, and he made a note of my relocation/updated contact info etc. although he could not tell me if the petition was on its way to NSC or not. A few weeks later, another service rep confirmed that in fact the petition had left TSC; she said it was sent to NSC (looking at the system info), and then NSC sent it to the INS district office in my state. The kicker is, the I-130 petition was STILL pending! Imagine my surprise. Why would NSC do that? Go figure! Since then, I tried contacting the INS district office but they kept telling me that I would need to come in and make general inquiry as opposed to over the phone or via fax since there was no way to verify my true identity. I had no idea so many other people were possibly interested in finding out the status of my miserable I-130! That is how the situation stands as of now. I honestly have better things to do than waste my valuable time going to that office and in all likelihood ending up with an answer that will most likely induce more frustration. There is no accountability on part of BCIS whatsoever! But, it's a "TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT" kinda deal. Now that I'm done venting, I will stop.

Comment

I regret to say I have no experience in the area of permanent resident's sponsorship process. I do know there is a link I found once from this site that went into detail on all the various petition processes; wish I could remember how I got to it once! If I find it again I'll post the link.

Comment

Actually if you go to the link "Processing times" on the left bar, it takes you to a page that indicates spouses and children of permanent residents are 2nd in priiority after those of US citizens. Not sure what that means from an actual number-of-months (years)? standpoint...

Comment

Once you get to the Processing Times page, click "family based preferences"

Comment

I guess the conern is that I-130 filed by an LPR for immediate relative goes to a service center first and only after being approved it is usually sent to the district office; that not being case, and the whether this situation is in our favor or not, instigated the particular posts, i.e., do we have an additional headache or simply sit tight and wait? We got ourselves in the midst of a warp.

Comment

hello nigel,
                        first, i believe this should be in our favour cos if the service center intend to denial our petitions they should tell us instead of sending it to the local office.we should be hopeful.
                        second, i think you are already qualified for V VISA STATUS since your petition was before 2000.that is more than 3 yrs.try and make inquiry about that asap so that you can change to that. it will make things easy.
                        i hope we hear a good news soon.

Comment

hi lurker,
                          thanks for your assistance. i really appreciate it.

Comment

I do have V-1 status at present, so I'm not all that worried, however, living under the bizarre whims of INS/BCIS is what ticks me off. Thanks for listening. Keep me posted if you find out why it happened with your case and what BCIS tells you.

Comment

i married a permanent resident too in 97 when i was in a student visa here. first i filed I130 at the texas service centre and they send me a reciept that they recieved my application . later they send me a approval of I130 which i got in 98.(once u get this u can check the status of u'r case in the computor using those no's u have in the left hand conner) once it is approved they send it to the national visa centre.
                              as the waiting time is almost more than 5 years if u have married a permanent resident to get u'r priority no which is in the approval notice and then u apply for adjustment of status .
                              the national visa centre send me a application to apply for V visa in the end of 2001 and i have got a V VISA.
                              once my priority date became current i have applied for adjustment of status last year and i am still waiting for them to call me for the interview which i should have heard by now .
                              not sure if it would be a good thing to travel out of the country during this time i am still eagerly waiting for them to call me for the interview in newark district office.

Comment

Working...
                              X