Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cuban green card question

Came to USA via airline in 1973 have my Cuban Birth certificate, have passaport have SSI have a copy of my green card given to me at that time. But since then I've lost the original card plus I just learned its expired. I have not needed the card until now. Want to go on a cruise. Question is. Can I just apply for a new card on line. Or would it be better if I went to see an imigration officer ? Since I don't have the original card I do have a photo copy of it ...And I was 15 when I arrived to USA. I am 54 now.
    Thank you ! All advise will be apreciated

Originally posted by globev View Post
    Came to USA via airline in 1973 have my Cuban Birth certificate, have passaport have SSI have a copy of my green card given to me at that time. But since then I've lost the original card plus I just learned its expired. I have not needed the card until now. Want to go on a cruise. Question is. Can I just apply for a new card on line. Or would it be better if I went to see an imigration officer ? Since I don't have the original card I do have a photo copy of it ...And I was 15 when I arrived to USA. I am 54 now.
    Thank you ! All advise will be apreciated
    Once you apply for a new card with I-90, you can go into your local USCIS office and get an I-551 stamp as proof of permanent residency in the meantime.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Ok thank you. I went ahead and made an appt with my USCIS office in a couple of weeks. I will take everything I have with me. My Cuban Birth certificate, the copies of my green card given to me at the time I came to the USA copy of my SS card. And my passport, drivers lisence etc. I am not really wanting to do the on line thing , might be better to do it in person. Thank you very much !!!
      I understand as a Cuban immigrant I have legal residency forever, but the card has to be renewed . Doesn't mean my residency has expired. But the card has..If I understand what I've read about it on line.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation