Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Green Card which expires in 7 months

Hi there,
    Yesterday when walking home from work I managed to lose my purse. I can only assume it fell out of my pocket. It was a 2 year Green Card set to expire in Sept 2016. As I was nearing the end I am already in talks with a lawyer to apply to extend it. Now I do not know whether to apply for a new one or wait and continue the process for extending my current VISA.
    Any help would be greatly received!

Thank you

Originally posted by GoldenRetrievers View Post
    Hi there,
    Yesterday when walking home from work I managed to lose my purse. I can only assume it fell out of my pocket. It was a 2 year Green Card set to expire in Sept 2016. As I was nearing the end I am already in talks with a lawyer to apply to extend it. Now I do not know whether to apply for a new one or wait and continue the process for extending my current VISA.
    Any help would be greatly received!

Thank you
    I believe you will need to apply to replace it (I-90) before you apply for Removal of Conditions. When you apply for Removal of Conditions you will need to send a copy of your green card or equivalent I-551 proof of permanent residency (e.g. an I-551 stamp you get after you file I-90).

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Working...
    X