Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State dept. J visa waiver notice... plz help clarify

Hi,

I'm currently awaiting a waiver recommendation from the State Dept. of my J1 home residency requirement. According to the case status, all form is complete and I will have to wait for their decision. What I'm having trouble is their notice concerning J visa waivers, which states:

"Notice: There are delays due to security checks. Please be advised that all J-1 visa waiver applications are subject to security checks prior to the Department of State issuing its recommendation to the Immigration and Naturalization Service. This will cause delays in processing times. "

Does anyone know what the State Dept. means by security checks? A security check as in background checks or security checks as in the decontamination of all mail applications (which was/is done due to anthrax scare). Thanks!

Hi,

I'm currently awaiting a waiver recommendation from the State Dept. of my J1 home residency requirement. According to the case status, all form is complete and I will have to wait for their decision. What I'm having trouble is their notice concerning J visa waivers, which states:

"Notice: There are delays due to security checks. Please be advised that all J-1 visa waiver applications are subject to security checks prior to the Department of State issuing its recommendation to the Immigration and Naturalization Service. This will cause delays in processing times. "

Does anyone know what the State Dept. means by security checks? A security check as in background checks or security checks as in the decontamination of all mail applications (which was/is done due to anthrax scare). Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X