Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional green card expired

Hello all..I need advice desperately. I got my conditional green card through fiance visa from my wife. Few months after, she got to know about a child that I have which was not disclosed to her. Before end of 2yrs conditional green card will expire, she wrote a letter to uscis and withdraw petition. After that things are not going on well, I moved out of her house. She already bouggt a house bf we married with her name and children on it. She refused to add my name on any utilities or mortgage. No joint statement or insurance. The only health insurance that include both our names she has all the documents and refuse to give me. Now my green card is expired, she refused to assist in removing the conditional. I requested for divorce, she contested it, with no hearing date yet. Is over 8mth now that green card is expired. .it is true, i cheated on her and lied to her but she has no proof. what are my options, I don't know what to do. Please advice

Originally posted by marjorie1 View Post
    Hello all..I need advice desperately. I got my conditional green card through fiance visa from my wife. Few months after, she got to know about a child that I have which was not disclosed to her. Before end of 2yrs conditional green card will expire, she wrote a letter to uscis and withdraw petition. After that things are not going on well, I moved out of her house. She already bouggt a house bf we married with her name and children on it. She refused to add my name on any utilities or mortgage. No joint statement or insurance. The only health insurance that include both our names she has all the documents and refuse to give me. Now my green card is expired, she refused to assist in removing the conditional. I requested for divorce, she contested it, with no hearing date yet. Is over 8mth now that green card is expired. .it is true, i cheated on her and lied to her but she has no proof. what are my options, I don't know what to do. Please advice
    Did you apply for Removal of Conditions (with Form I-751) before your 2-year card expired?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

No.
      I left her before then.
      i did not apply to remove conditions

Comment

No.
        I left her before then.
        i did not apply to remove conditions
        You should have applied to remove conditions before your card expired, by yourself, under the basis of divorce, even if your divorce wasn't final yet at the time. You usually have to have a good reason for them to accept a late filing, especially since it's passed the deadline for so long, not just by a little bit. The only thing for you to do now is try to file it now. You have no better option. If they deny it, they will put you in "removal proceedings" (which means you go in front of an immigration judge to argue your case), where you will have an opportunity to apply to remove conditions with the immigration judge directly.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
          Now am thinking if i divorce her, i want to marry my new girl friend.
          The reason is because i do not have any proof to show to good faith marriage with my ex
          Judge might want to ask me to provide good faith marriage proof.
          We stayed together for 2 yrs but nothing to proof it except my ID and mailings which only show my name.
          Moreover, i have the belief that she has reported to withdraw my case long before i left her.
          Please advice.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
            Now am thinking if i divorce her, i want to marry my new girl friend.
            The reason is because i do not have any proof to show to good faith marriage with my ex
            Judge might want to ask me to provide good faith marriage proof.
            We stayed together for 2 yrs but nothing to proof it except my ID and mailings which only show my name.
            Moreover, i have the belief that she has reported to withdraw my case long before i left her.
            Please advice.
            She could not "withdraw your case". There was nothing to "withdraw". From the moment you got permanent residency (green card), there was nothing she could "withdraw". Your status is between you and the government. However, you needed to have remembered to remove conditions on time (either by yourself or jointly with her).

Yes, of course you need proof the marriage was bona fide, as always with Removal of Conditions. But you had to prove that to get your permanent residency in the first place; just add to that as much additional proof you can get from after you got your permanent residency. You guys were married so at least filed taxes as married, right? You guys lived together so maybe you had to rent some place together? You guys maybe had some accounts together? I mean there is no definite list of things required, just as much as possible. If the evidence is weak you can add affidavits from people who knew you guys together.

Comment

Thanks.
              Well we don't have any of the above proof together. No joint filed taxes, lease or phone bills. Nothing whatsoever. I can get the letter's from people that knows us.. can I get re married? My conditional green card is expired now, don't know what to do. Thanks

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation