Different addresses I-751 filed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different addresses I-751 filed

A friend of mine just filed his I-751 and she put down her address and its different than her husband's address. They are not divorced. He is doing an internship in another state. Does that matter?

A friend of mine just filed his I-751 and she put down her address and its different than her husband's address. They are not divorced. He is doing an internship in another state. Does that matter?

Comment

Why would she not just use the address where they are living??????? They are still together in marriage, right. He is just on a temporary job assignment in another state. Its like having a child at college. their legal residence is where they live with their parents.

I am amazed that she would set herself up for a trigger for a possible interview. and that she would do this and ask questions later.

Comment

4Now:

So if I understand your reply correctly, are you suggesting that if an alien spouse files and AR 11, which shows that he has a different address as his USC spouse, which is by the way in the same town, just a few miles away (which could naturally be interpretted as not a move required as a result of a work reassignment or an educational move) then it would trigger an interview?

Comment

well it could be that the worse that it could happen would be to called for an interview. But my question is a letter can not come in the mail stating that the I-751 is denied. right?
          i mean this situation says it all. Other situations would be a couple working through their marriage instead of divorcing right away.
          INS can not deny an application based on two different addresses. Rather see two different addresses then a divorce papers. I mean the couple is being true. They are not hiding anything.

Comment

Can someone give some advice?

Comment

Please help. So my friend knows what she is facing.

Comment

Wish.. I think your friends are fine. the worst that could happen is that they are called for interview and questioned about why there are 2 different addresses on the I751. reasonable explanation given ( clerical misunderstanding/conception) and be done with it.

Swiss:
                Her friends did not file an AR-11 (change of address) He is on a temporary job assignment.
                It appears on the application she listed 2 different addresses of residence. which was incorrect.

No AR-11 does not necessarily trigger interview. they do not know that the couple did not just move together to a new residence.

Comment

Working...
                X