Travel and get married after Citizenship interview and before oath

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel and get married after Citizenship interview and before oath

Alright, Here I am. I am happy to share my experience with you all of you, may be its help someone who is in situattion.

My I- 751 is approved during the N-400 interview and I am waiting for my N- 445 ( Oath notification) but next month again I need to travel outside US. Is it OK to travel ouside US in after N-400 interview and before oath? same time I am planning to get married so what are the complications if I answered YES to two first questions of N-445 1) Have you married 2) Have you travelled outside? I really appreciate someone's experience in this issue or advice

Mathew: If your I-751 was approved during the interview for N-400...aren't you already married???

It appears that your N-400 is based upon the three-year provision of marriage and residence with an America citizen spouse.

How can you get married when you travel overseas if you're already married??? For your information, America allows you to have only ONE spouse at a time...and we don't care how many you may or may not be allowed to have in your country of origin (reminder: you don't live there anymore).

Is your original marriage simply a scam???

Comment

Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
      Mathew: If your I-751 was approved during the interview for N-400...aren't you already married???

It appears that your N-400 is based upon the three-year provision of marriage and residence with an America citizen spouse.

How can you get married when you travel overseas if you're already married??? For your information, America allows you to have only ONE spouse at a time...and we don't care how many you may or may not be allowed to have in your country of origin (reminder: you don't live there anymore).

Is your original marriage simply a scam???
      Hello SunDevilUSA,
      Actually I had another post with my full story, I thought to open a new post with a different topic may help others who has same question. My I-751 was a waiver with divorce and good faith marriage. I am not married now, my divorce finalized several years back

Comment

Originally posted by SAMMY:
        It's completely okay to travel outside the US and get married before taking Oath but you must need to tell the USCIS at the Oath Ceremony about both of these happening. Must take the copy of your marriage certificate and travel information because USCIS must be asking this to update the information on your file/case.

Just make sure not to miss out any notification from USCIS on your oath while you will be away. And it's also very important for you to know that approving of N-400 means nothing until an applicant takes an oath to be a citizen. That means, you will still be subjected to rules/laws of LPR until you take oath. Thus, don't celebrate thing too early just because your application for naturalization is approved. Make sure don't violate the terms of your legal permanent residency until you take your oath.

Good luck...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mathew:
        Alright, Here I am. I am happy to share my experience with you all of you, may be its help someone who is in situattion.

My I- 751 is approved during the N-400 interview and I am waiting for my N- 445 ( Oath notification) but next month again I need to travel outside US. Is it OK to travel ouside US in after N-400 interview and before oath? same time I am planning to get married so what are the complications if I answered YES to two first questions of N-445 1) Have you married 2) Have you travelled outside? I really appreciate someone's experience in this issue or advice
        </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks SAMMY spending time to answer my question

Comment

Working...
        X