Please Help!!! can't get a direct answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help!!! can't get a direct answer

My husband was granted an IR1 Visa. He has to go to US by Nov 4th to activate it. We are not quite ready to make the move at this time. we need a few more months. Can he Fly to LAX in Oct to validate the visa,,and come back the same day ? we do have an address in the Us. Any paperwork will be sent t here and can be mailed to Australia by my daughter. anybody have any light to shed on this?
    I did send an inquiry to the USCIS,, they said he can leave for up t 12 months, but they didn't say if he has to stay any certain time.

Originally posted by SHIRLEY BUCHER View Post
    My husband was granted an IR1 Visa. He has to go to US by Nov 4th to activate it. We are not quite ready to make the move at this time. we need a few more months. Can he Fly to LAX in Oct to validate the visa,,and come back the same day ? we do have an address in the Us. Any paperwork will be sent t here and can be mailed to Australia by my daughter. anybody have any light to shed on this?
    I did send an inquiry to the USCIS,, they said he can leave for up t 12 months, but they didn't say if he has to stay any certain time.
    Yes. The moment he enters using his immigrant visa, he becomes a permanent resident. And as a permanent resident, he can take trips abroad as long as he doesn't abandon his residency.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Working...
    X