Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question About N-400 And Illegal Spouse!! Mohan, Umesh please respond!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About N-400 And Illegal Spouse!! Mohan, Umesh please respond!!!

I will eligible to apply for citizenship at the end of this year, however, I wanted to know if there's anyone that has been denied citizenship based on the fact that he/she spouse is here illegally? The reason I ask this is because my girlfriend came here illegally (using someone else's name) and I want to marry her. I want to know if I marry her now before my N-400, can they deny my application just for this reason, or should I wait until I've received my citizenship before getting married, thanks?

I will eligible to apply for citizenship at the end of this year, however, I wanted to know if there's anyone that has been denied citizenship based on the fact that he/she spouse is here illegally? The reason I ask this is because my girlfriend came here illegally (using someone else's name) and I want to marry her. I want to know if I marry her now before my N-400, can they deny my application just for this reason, or should I wait until I've received my citizenship before getting married, thanks?

Comment

it is not your problem. you could still get your citizenship even you are married to illegal.sponsor her when you get your citizenship good luck!

Comment

Knowingly marrying someone who's out of status or illegal in this country is not a crime, but it can (and will most likely) reflect negatively on your "good moral character" which is one of the vague requirements for naturalizations. Besides from endangering or delaying your naturalization, you could actually be charged with harboring an illegal which is a deportable offense for even a resident alien. Don't want to scare you, but just giving you advise on where the current law stand! Good luck!

[This message was edited by advise2 on August 14, 2003 at 01:54 AM.]

Comment

Not really advise2!

Comment

Working...
          X