Fiance VISA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance VISA

After getting married upon entry into US under a fiancee VISA, how long before my new wife and I can travel back to her country to visit her parents? What paperwork do I need to file? Thanks.

After getting married upon entry into US under a fiancee VISA, how long before my new wife and I can travel back to her country to visit her parents? What paperwork do I need to file? Thanks.

Comment

You will need to file an application to adjust her status to Lawful Permanent Resident. In the interim, she will receive an Advance Parole document that will allow her to travel outside of the United States and be able to return.

Please let me know if you have any questions at info@myronmorales.com

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I have been reading a little bit more and I think when you say apply for AOS that this would be the I-485? What I didn't know is that issuance of the advance parole goes along with the I-485 application.

Could you clarify whether the advance parole is granted while the AOS is in process? Or, is it granted in conjuction with the approval of the AOS.

I hope that's not the case since from what I see, AOS seems to be a very long process. Thanks again - aloha.

Comment

It is granted before the approval of the I-485.

Comment

Working...
          X