Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1 visa stamp

Hi all,

I've this question I hope someone with reliable information might be able to help me with.

What's the current INS/BCIS policy for stamping the H-1 visa on your passport - more specifically for aliens from Pakistan?? In the past you could go to Canada/Mexico and get the H-1 stamped on your passport. Then, in post 9/11 situation, it was required to go back to your native country to get H-1 stamped. Is it still the same policy or they've relaxed the rules now and again issuing H-1 stamps in Canada/Mexico???
    For F-1 visa, its taking atleast 5-7 months to get clearence and background check and document verfication after you submit the F-1 visa applicaiton to US embassy in Pakistan. But if this is the same case for H-1 too, how one can afford to spend 5-7 months in Pakistan to get an interview call?? I mean .... you take hardly a month off from your work to go back home and try to get the H-1 stamped, how can one remain away from his work for even 2 months to get H-1 stamped on his passport from his home country??? Please I need this information to figure out what should I do - any concerte & reliable information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi all,

I've this question I hope someone with reliable information might be able to help me with.

What's the current INS/BCIS policy for stamping the H-1 visa on your passport - more specifically for aliens from Pakistan?? In the past you could go to Canada/Mexico and get the H-1 stamped on your passport. Then, in post 9/11 situation, it was required to go back to your native country to get H-1 stamped. Is it still the same policy or they've relaxed the rules now and again issuing H-1 stamps in Canada/Mexico???
    For F-1 visa, its taking atleast 5-7 months to get clearence and background check and document verfication after you submit the F-1 visa applicaiton to US embassy in Pakistan. But if this is the same case for H-1 too, how one can afford to spend 5-7 months in Pakistan to get an interview call?? I mean .... you take hardly a month off from your work to go back home and try to get the H-1 stamped, how can one remain away from his work for even 2 months to get H-1 stamped on his passport from his home country??? Please I need this information to figure out what should I do - any concerte & reliable information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

what i heard was, that it doesn't really matter in what country you stamp your H1-B either home or thrid country...
      but may be it changed...
      i guess it is the best to call the American consulate in Canada and Mexico, so they can answer...
      if you will do so, please post the answer here. i am sure it will be useful infomation for many...

Comment

Working...
      X