green card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green card

been married to a us citizen for 3 years now,do i file for a green card or permanent residence permit ?

I-130 application

Originally posted by valentino collins View Post
    been married to a us citizen for 3 years now,do i file for a green card or permanent residence permit ?
    You would need to complete the I-130 application in order to be approved for permanent resident status and obtain a green card.

Comment

If you are married to a U.S. citizen than you can enjoys an unusual benefit: Instead of spending five years as a lawful permanent resident before applying to naturalize, you need to spend only three years – so long as you were married to, and living with the U.S. citizen for the entire three years.

Thanks
      www. mynaturalization. com

Comment

I got my Green Card thru marriage back in 2010. My GC expires in 2020
        and we are heading towards a divorce. Providing divorce is finalized
        by 2020, would I still be able to renew my GC? His job sponsored his
        GC.

A little background of myself: I am an Indian citizen. I came to US in
        2004 after marriage. I am currently working. I would not prefer going
        for a 'naturalized citizenship' as you are aware that I can't hold
        dual citizenship being an Indian passport holder. I still have my
        family members in India and I visit them every year.

Please advise what the best course of action would be.

Thank you!

Comment

Records Ramps

This website should lead you to the answers/counselors Tara123:

alllaw . com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/can-permanent-resident-lose-green-card-after-divorce.html

In general, when reviewers look at employment/residence records of new green card holders and those who received GCs through marriage (and then recently divorced), they look for signs of credible behavior and residency patterns. If a person gets a GC and then divorces and lives in an immigration and traffic-infested area such as New Orleans (Louisiana) or Miami (Florida), then he/she may be reviewed more closely.

It does seem that behavior for GC holders through marriage must be somewhat more diligent. One of my relatives has a dual citizenship in America (through marriage) and a foreign country too like yours and can't relinquish her other passport. She tries to keep all of her employment records very handily available for review.

Hope that helps!

Abishai

st-charles.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X