Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa gap until adjustment of status?

Hello
    My girl friend will comlete her citizenship process in a few months(hopefully). We are planing to get married and live here. I'm on a tourist visa, which I extended 2 times already.
    My visa will expire 2-3 months before my girlfriend will get her citizenship. How to bridge the gap? Can some one help?
    David

Hello
    My girl friend will comlete her citizenship process in a few months(hopefully). We are planing to get married and live here. I'm on a tourist visa, which I extended 2 times already.
    My visa will expire 2-3 months before my girlfriend will get her citizenship. How to bridge the gap? Can some one help?
    David

Comment

Enroll on a school that issues I-20 and get a F-1 visa.

Comment

If you marry her and she is a USC, your overstay will be pardonned. BUt you run the risk of being deported until you fill your paperwork if you get stopped by the police for example.

Comment

I ran out of status before my USC husband filed my application package. I believe that when you're married to an American Citizen INS "forgives" you for overstaying your visa. As long as you actually had a legitimate visa when you entered the States.
          Good luck!

Comment

Thankyou for your reply.
            It looks like I will have to overstay my visa for a few months. I was thinking to enroll to a school, but that is too expensive to do it just for the papers.
            Also I could aplly for another extention, to buy some more time before the INS will answer me. ...but probably they will denay it before my gf will get her CS. I don't want to provoke the INS.
            It will be a fine way to go.Good luck for all

Comment

Working...
            X