Travel and green card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel and green card

I will be traveling out of the country for a week. Since I have a green card and the duration is less than 1 year, I know I don't need a re-entry permit. When I return, how do I prove to custom that I am only out of the country for a week? If I travel by plane, I can show them my
    ticket. What if I travel by car? They don't card
    people when one leaves the country, at least not at Detroit.

I will be traveling out of the country for a week. Since I have a green card and the duration is less than 1 year, I know I don't need a re-entry permit. When I return, how do I prove to custom that I am only out of the country for a week? If I travel by plane, I can show them my
    ticket. What if I travel by car? They don't card
    people when one leaves the country, at least not at Detroit.

Comment

Now INS has set up system of exit and entry for every traveller to Canada. May be your passport will be stamped there. But you will have no problem while coming back anyway.
      Good luck.

Comment

Thanks. But I am Canadian so my passport won't get stamped either. When I use the Detroit airport for an international flight to Canada last year, they didn't scan my card when I leave.

Comment

As far as I know, there is no exit check for LPR. When you come back they just ask you how long you have been gone. I just tell them 2 weeks, 4 weeks whatever and it has never been a problem.

Comment

Working...
          X