Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-751 Evidence provided is not SUFFICIENT...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 Evidence provided is not SUFFICIENT...

Hi folks!

I recently just received a letter (I-797) in my mail telling me i have not supplied sufficient evidence towards my I-751 to removal of conditions. I have to say I was not at all expecting this to happen, even my wife was clueless to when I got the letter out of the mail and walked up to the apartment with it.
    Any ways! What I did give:
    -joint bank account statements
    -joint tax returns
    -policy cancelation letter
    -lease documents
    -credit card statements
    -affidavits and photographs
    -travel information
    But supposedly i had given in some of the wrong information as the letter then states;

"The evidence that you provided is not sufficient to show that you and your spouse live together, share responsibility of joint assets and indebtedness, and/or have made joint estate, health and financial planning arrangements."

-Joint bank account statements cover a short period of marriage, therefore insufficient.
    ***My wife and I did share accounts for over a year, the accounts are still open but we do not use them any more, we decided to stick to our own personal bank accounts, we share bills expenses etc etc, it was preferable this way to my wife.

-Credit card statements cover a short period of marriage, therefore insufficient.
    ***Ive only had credit cards for a short period of time, my wife doesn't care for credit herself and has none, I do and added her to both cards I now have but what am i to say...

-tax returns do not contain evidence that they have been submitted with proper tax authorities.
    ***Now this just really confused me, i mean... i gave my returns that turbotax or hrblock gave me.

-Insurance cancellation letter does not provide any details about your policy, therefor insufficient.
    ***We had auto insurance for the smallest length of time i figured i'd throw it in, but other than that we never really shared auto insurance as for most of our marriage i've not really had my license at all..

-The lease documents are not signed and appear to be incomplete, therefor insufficient.
    ***This one has my head tied around too I gave my exact leasing documents as given to me and my wife for our first place together. Another thing, for the first 6 months we lived in her families home ( separate building), we got a place for just a little over a year after that, struggled a bit and lived a year in a friends apartment with no lease... and like a month in her dads place after that and recently just got a new place together just over a couple of months ago... So we have been hoping around like gypsies kind of from place to place, but we can't prove places with no lease.

What should I respond to this 60 day delay letter? or have added or removed etc?

Thank-you all in advance.

Originally posted by patoon View Post
    Hi folks!

I recently just received a letter (I-797) in my mail telling me i have not supplied sufficient evidence towards my I-751 to removal of conditions. I have to say I was not at all expecting this to happen, even my wife was clueless to when I got the letter out of the mail and walked up to the apartment with it.
    Any ways! What I did give:
    -joint bank account statements
    -joint tax returns
    -policy cancelation letter
    -lease documents
    -credit card statements
    -affidavits and photographs
    -travel information
    But supposedly i had given in some of the wrong information as the letter then states;

"The evidence that you provided is not sufficient to show that you and your spouse live together, share responsibility of joint assets and indebtedness, and/or have made joint estate, health and financial planning arrangements."

-Joint bank account statements cover a short period of marriage, therefore insufficient.
    ***My wife and I did share accounts for over a year, the accounts are still open but we do not use them any more, we decided to stick to our own personal bank accounts, we share bills expenses etc etc, it was preferable this way to my wife.

-Credit card statements cover a short period of marriage, therefore insufficient.
    ***Ive only had credit cards for a short period of time, my wife doesn't care for credit herself and has none, I do and added her to both cards I now have but what am i to say...

-tax returns do not contain evidence that they have been submitted with proper tax authorities.
    ***Now this just really confused me, i mean... i gave my returns that turbotax or hrblock gave me.

-Insurance cancellation letter does not provide any details about your policy, therefor insufficient.
    ***We had auto insurance for the smallest length of time i figured i'd throw it in, but other than that we never really shared auto insurance as for most of our marriage i've not really had my license at all..

-The lease documents are not signed and appear to be incomplete, therefor insufficient.
    ***This one has my head tied around too I gave my exact leasing documents as given to me and my wife for our first place together. Another thing, for the first 6 months we lived in her families home ( separate building), we got a place for just a little over a year after that, struggled a bit and lived a year in a friends apartment with no lease... and like a month in her dads place after that and recently just got a new place together just over a couple of months ago... So we have been hoping around like gypsies kind of from place to place, but we can't prove places with no lease.

What should I respond to this 60 day delay letter? or have added or removed etc?

Thank-you all in advance.
    You might want to see an attorney immediately.
    1. If you don’t have joint financial documents, that is a big red flag for USCIS. Despite the fact that many couples today don’t have joint bank and credit accounts, it’s still not common and USCIS sees it as a red flag when you don’t have at least one joint account.
    2. Tax returns – showing a copy of your tax returns is not proof that the tax returns were actually submitted to the IRS. Go online to www.irs.gov and order tax transcripts for each year you and your wife filed jointly.
    3. Sending insurance cancellation letter doesn’t show you had insurance. Get a copy of the policy with both of your names on it and then explain why you don’t have the auto insurance policy for both anymore.
    4. If you have lease documents, you need to send the signed document- the copy that is signed by all parties- all tenants and the landlord. If you don’t have it, get a copy from your landlord.
    You need to send in more “joint documents”. If you both pay bills, send proof. If you have any bills that are in both names, send copies, and it shouldn’t just be from one month but for as many months as possible. If you have some bills in your name and some in her name, send copies of these bills as well, but highlight the address to show that you share an address and share responsibility. Send proof that you own something (anything) of value together. You may need to get more affidavits from people you know (people you knew from before you were together and affidavits from people you met together as a couple), and employer affidavits are always good. If you have life insurance policy, send a copy. If you have a will, send a copy. Don’t be surprised if you get scheduled for an interview.

Comment

I'm still wondering if a simple W2 form like this template: https://fillable-form-w2.pdffiller.com/ would be enough as a proof? As long as employers issue them annually

Comment

Working...
      X