Residence I-130? I-485? I-765?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residence I-130? I-485? I-765?

I am a UK citizen. I am married to a US Citizen.

I am completing my paperwork to become a US Resident however I am unsure if I should send the forms individually and wait for instructions as to what to do next or whether I should send them all in at the same time.

I am worried that if I send them at the same time, and should a form be incomplete or I have missed something off of it I will loose the money.

Please please help me.

My Visa Waiver expired in April 2012.

What should I do? PLEASE HELP!
    Last edited by Jb.coco; 01-15-2015, 06:16 PM. Reason: Additional Question

It is customary to file I-130 and I-485 (along with the I-765) together. Filing it separately will cause delays in the processing as I-130’s that are filed alone are processed differently than those filed concurrently with the I-485. If filed together, you should expect to have an interview and get your green card in as little as 4-5 months. If you file separately, it could be almost a year before you get the green card. You may want to see an attorney to make sure you file everything properly if that is your concern.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. My concern is if I fill 130 & 485 at the same time, I worry in case I lose my money if there is something missing etc. We have been saving to complete these Forms to do it ourselves as we cannot afford Lawyers Fees.

Comment

Working...
      X