Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long do consulates keep visa app documents?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long do consulates keep visa app documents?

I filed for employment based I-485 about a year ago. I recently was cleaning up some of the old documents and found that there's an inconsistency between my H-1 visa application form filed 4 years ago in Canada and my I-485. My I-485 is correct so there's nothing I need to correct. But I'm wondering if the error on that visa application would affect my AOS. I got visa back then without problem.

My question is that whether INS could find out the difference given that they're checking everything rigirously these days.

I filed for employment based I-485 about a year ago. I recently was cleaning up some of the old documents and found that there's an inconsistency between my H-1 visa application form filed 4 years ago in Canada and my I-485. My I-485 is correct so there's nothing I need to correct. But I'm wondering if the error on that visa application would affect my AOS. I got visa back then without problem.

My question is that whether INS could find out the difference given that they're checking everything rigirously these days.

Comment

Working...
    X