N400 decision cannot be made

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 decision cannot be made

I obtained my green card through marriage to a u.s citizen. We are still in a bonafied marriage, on sep 19 I had my interview for N400. Before i got married, was arrested for doing a overstay, but was not put into jail and my case was dismissed. I attached the copy of my final order along with the other documents showing a bonafied marriage with my N400 application. I passed the test and my husband did come to an interview with me. At the end of the interview IO gave me a letter indicating that the decision cannot be made at this time. I wonder what will happen now, however the interview went smooth. I have no criminal record, filed the taxes on time, no tickets nothing. can the deny my application on the basis that i was arrested for over stay in the past?
    Last edited by afshan; 09-22-2014, 10:40 PM.

Originally posted by afshan View Post
    I obtained my green card through marriage to a u.s citizen. We are still in a bonafied marriage, on sep 19 I had my interview for N400. Before i got married, was arrested for doing a overstay, but was not put into jail and my case was dismissed. I attached the copy of my final order along with the other documents showing a bonafied marriage with my N400 application. I passed the test and my husband did come to an interview with me. At the end of the interview IO gave me a letter indicating that the decision cannot be made at this time. I wonder what will happen now, however the interview went smooth. I have no criminal record, filed the taxes on time, no tickets nothing. can the deny my application on the basis that i was arrested for over stay in the past?
    Yes, if this arrest or detention has not been disclosed on the prior green card application. If this is the first time you are presenting this evidence, they may say you have lied before. If this all has been presented before you have gotten the green card, then it shouldn’t be a problem and it may be a routine hold to check your immigration file.

Comment

Working...
    X