please help....citizenship or residency though my mother

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help....citizenship or residency though my mother

My mom passed away 20 years ago. She was a us citizen and she also work many years in texas. I was born and raised in mexico. Is it possible to get citizenship or residency through my mother even though she passed away 20 years.

The situation is different for children of U.S. citizens – which may account for the information that your fiancé heard. And this could help you if your mother’s U.S. husband applies to naturalize and successfully becomes a U.S. citizen before you get your green card, so be sure to carefully read this next part.

Comment

Originally posted by chuydcc View Post
      My mom passed away 20 years ago. She was a us citizen and she also work many years in texas. I was born and raised in mexico. Is it possible to get citizenship or residency through my mother even though she passed away 20 years.
      It is possible that you may already be a US Citizen. However, you have not provided enough information to ascertain that. You should contact a US immigration attorney. You need to have your date of birth ready, how long exactly your mom was in the U.S. and during which years, your mother’s age when you were born. Also, was your mom naturalized or born in the U.S.? You may visit here to speak with an immigration lawyer: http://consultattorney.visapro.com/
      If you cannot afford an attorney, you can try to figure this out on your own: http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HT...e12-PartH.html or try to contact one of the US Consulates in Mexico to see if they are willing to assist you. Call the American Citizen Services dept. of the Consulate and let them know that you think you may be a US citizen and need help. They may or may not help you, but it’s worth a shot if you can’t talk to an attorney.

Comment

Working...
      X