Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class 3 Misdemeanor of Green Card Application

Hi, All,

I have a question about my green card application. Recently I got a speeding ticket in Arizona, it is a 'criminal traffic ticket' since my speed was too high. I was not arrested at the moment. But I checked online and it is said a criminal traffic ticket will result in a conviction of a Class 3 Misdemeanor on my public record. I hired a traffic attorney to help me out of this, but he said it is very hard to reduce the ticket to civil traffic considering the speed I was.

Just wondering, will this Class 3 Misdemeanor affect my green card application? Will my application be rejected by USCIS because of this?

Thank you sooooo much!

It is highly unlikely that this "crime" would affect your permanent residence status. However, you should have a quick consultation with an immigration attorney before applying to renew your green card.

Comment

You should eventually be able to get your green card but you should go see your immigration attorney immediately. If you don’t have one, it’s time to get one.
      Last edited by Lisaanderson; 08-22-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Sorry for the problems, but can I ask - was that speeding or reckless driving? If you had one run-in it should be okay. The issue I see, and I've obviously seen it before, is when people take a relatively low level crime and try to hide it or negate it.

Comment

Working...
        X