immigration question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• immigration question

I submitted a I130 for my husband who came illegal back in 2001. I did not sent joint taxes, checking account info, nor pictures. .. I received a g56 call in letter appt... what does this mean?

G56 means someone has a 'BINGO'...

Comment

This is very important -- you should contact an immigration attorney before you go to this appointment. If there is a problem with your or your husband's immigration status (which it sounds like there is) DHS has the authority to detain, arrest and deport certain persons.

Comment

The stated case screams of an instantaneous legal help from a local Immigration Attorney as the alternative will unpleasantly surprise you with as negative effect. You husband will at a minimum have to apply for a 601A waiver based on his illegal entry to the United States. Waivers are almost impossible to obtain without the assistance of an attorney. You should have an attorney assist you.
        Last edited by Ellis Mathew; 08-28-2014, 06:57 AM. Reason: want to recommend an immigration attorney for your assistance

Comment

Originally posted by Texans Girl View Post
          I submitted a I130 for my husband who came illegal back in 2001. I did not sent joint taxes, checking account info, nor pictures. .. I received a g56 call in letter appt... what does this mean?
          The G-56 is a General Call In Letter that is requesting you to bring additional evidence. If you can afford it and want to go with an attorney, do so.

Comment

Immigration bond is a federal bond, versus that of the state, for which you may be responsible for posting when you have been detained and arrested by the bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. This is a lot different than being arrested by your city or other local authorities. In the case of immigration bonds it is the federal government with which you are dealing.

Comment

Hello,

This means that you are in a big problem. Try to consult it with expert attorney, who really can assist you what to do next. As far as I would suggest you to apply 601A waiver for your husband based on his illegal entry to the US.

Comment

I believe we need to have an immigration reform now! It's necessary. The answer is not in sending illegal immigrants back to their countries, and it's not in legalizing all of them either. I think many undocumented immigrants do a lot for this country and help the economy, just like many of them hurt it.

Comment

Working...
                X