Cancellation of Removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancellation of Removal

HOw often is this procedure approved? My children do not speak my native language, is that enough hardship for them?
    I have been in the US for over 16 years illegally. Overstayed a B1 visa....

Please help

HOw often is this procedure approved? My children do not speak my native language, is that enough hardship for them?
    I have been in the US for over 16 years illegally. Overstayed a B1 visa....

Please help

Comment

I forgot to ask...
      Do you have to be a citizen of the Nicaragua, Salvador, Guatemala or ex-soviet block country? I am a citizen of Chile.

Comment

A non-lawful permanent resident alien can apply for cancellation of removal in the US if the alien:
        (1) has been physically present in the US continuously for at least 10 years before service of the NTA
        (2) has been a person of good moral character
        (3) has not been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude or aggravated felony or firearm offense
        (4) and demonstrates exceptional and extremely unusual hardship to a USC/LPR spuse, parent, or child

Good luck with the application if you qualify! It's not an easy form of relief to get under current BIA case law. - rrv

Rolando Rex Velasquez
        SEROTTE, REICH & SEIPP, LLP
        e/m: rvelasquez@srs-law.com
        716-854-7525

Comment

If you meet the first 3 citeria rrv listed, you may be able to get the 4th based on the language/cultural difficulty your US citizen children may experience. There's a BIA case on this. A couple from Taiwan stayed here illegally for more than 15 years, and BIA decided to cancel their removal based on what their 15-year-old daughter would have had to go through.

Comment

What is BIA

Comment

Board of Immigration Appeals

Comment

Working...
              X