whats the difference?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the difference?

my wife has a temp work permit-form I-688B. What is the difference between that one and an I-688A?

my wife has a temp work permit-form I-688B. What is the difference between that one and an I-688A?

Comment

Here's the difference:
      A3.4 Temporary Resident Card I-688

Issued by INS to aliens granted temporary resident status under the Legalization or Special Agricultural Worker program. It is valid until the expiration date stated on the face of the card or on the sticker(s) placed on the back of the card. This card is no longer issued but due to pending litigation, there are still cards in circulation.
      A3.5 Employment Authorization Card I-688A

Issued by INS to applicant for temporary resident status after their interview for Legalization or Special Agricultural Worker status. It is valid until expiration date stated on the face of the card or on the sticker(s) placed on the back of the card. This card is no longer issued but due to pending litigation there are still cards in circulation.
      A3.5(a) Employment Authorization Card I-688B

Issued by INS to aliens granted temporary employment authorization in the US The expiration date is noted on the face of the card. This is known as the EAD. As, of January 1997, INS is phasing out this card. Holders of this card do not need to replace their current card with the new form I-766. This card will remain valid until the expiration date on the individual card.

Comment

Working...
      X