I-131 while pending i-751

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-131 while pending i-751

Is is possible for someone to apply for a travel document (form i-131) while pending i-751?
    "A candle loses absolutely nothing by lighting another candle"

Pending 751 means your travel and work status is legally extended and in perfect order.

Why the I131 now? Or maybe a crook is trying to scam you doctor!

Comment

Yeah, you don't need an I-131. You should have the one year extension letter from the USCIS. Take this with you wherever you go.

www.munozservicios.com
      Document Translations
      Immigration Applications
      Interpretation Services
      Notarizations

Comment

Thanks for both of your prompt responses.

I've applied previously for an I-131 but it expires the day my plastic card expires. I dont need it for reentry purposes, but i actually use it as a travel document to reenter my country (I have special circumstances that doesnt let me "easily" use my native passport). So the extension letter's intended purpose isn't what i need the travel document for

Anyway, i've been told the answer is No, you can't apply for i-131 while pending i-751.

Comment

Originally posted by Okalian:
          Thanks for both of your prompt responses.

I've applied previously for an I-131 but it expires the day my plastic card expires. I dont need it for reentry purposes, but i actually use it as a travel document to reenter my country (I have special circumstances that doesnt let me "easily" use my native passport). So the extension letter's intended purpose isn't what i need the travel document for

Anyway, i've been told the answer is No, you can't apply for i-131 while pending i-751.

Your NATIVE country allows u to enter easily with the 131, and gives you a difficult time with native passport -- Never heard of this one but interesting.

Comment

ahhhh complications my friend

Comment

Working...
            X