No announcement yet.

Tourist Visa expired "entrance permit"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist Visa expired "entrance permit"?

Hi,
    I have a friend you has entered the country with a Tourist visa, but she says that her "entrance permit" ( I know that is not the correct name) has expired. What can she do to get another permit. I beleive that she told me that she gets this permit at the airport, upon arrival

Thanks in Advance!

Hi,
    I have a friend you has entered the country with a Tourist visa, but she says that her "entrance permit" ( I know that is not the correct name) has expired. What can she do to get another permit. I beleive that she told me that she gets this permit at the airport, upon arrival

Thanks in Advance!

Comment

There is nothing she can do to stay unless she gets married to a USC. This is risky

Comment

It's possible for her to file for an Extension of Status application BEFORE the expiration date.

www.ins.gov for more info

James

Comment

She is now out of status and would be bar from coming back for 3/10 years.

Comment

While your friend is out of status. He or She will only trigger the 3/10 year bars if the overstay is beyond 180 days for the 3 year bar and one year for the ten year. Therefore, if he or she hasn't triggered the bar, he or she should voluntarily leave. Unfortunately since out of status can not extend status in US.

Comment

SonofMichael
              ILW Community Disorganizer
              SonofMichael
              ILW Community Disorganizer

Comment

Is the entrance permit the actual visa that is printed on her passport? If that is expired you can not enter the country. Since she is already here, it is no longer relavant. There is usually a time limit she can stay with a tourist visa. It varies for different countries. I may appear on her I-94 but I am not sure. She needs to find out about that time limit. She may not be out of status yet.

Comment

Hi Smeagol,

A spammer resurrected this 2002 post.

The OP probably isn't around anymore to give details.
                  Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

When they have the <> around their names, it means they're no longer a member
                    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Working...
                    X