Coming back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back

I am living on 7th of Sept. my visa expiration is on Oct.14, My family here, (mother, sisters, cousins) are planning a reunion on Christmas Day,

Questtions:
    1. Is it possible to come back on the same year?
    2. My husband who works for an American Pharmaceutical Co., is having a seminar in Philadelphia in January. Can our 2 year old daughter come with us?
    3. I am hearing different things, regarding family traveling together. Some says it's tougher for the three of us to travel together.

Thanks.

I am living on 7th of Sept. my visa expiration is on Oct.14, My family here, (mother, sisters, cousins) are planning a reunion on Christmas Day,

Questtions:
    1. Is it possible to come back on the same year?
    2. My husband who works for an American Pharmaceutical Co., is having a seminar in Philadelphia in January. Can our 2 year old daughter come with us?
    3. I am hearing different things, regarding family traveling together. Some says it's tougher for the three of us to travel together.

Thanks.

Comment

Please can anyone answer these questions?....

Comment

Hi:

My and me family travel to the US 2-3 times per year to visit family and/or business. Most of my wife's family lives in the USA.

We haven't had problems by travelling together, or because she has her parent's and some siblings over there.
        I have never heard of problems for friends of mine travelling as a family for vacations either.

Most of our visits are short, 30 days at the most. There we have a difference with you, because it seems this time, you will stay about 5 months, and then come back for Xmass. Once again, if this has been your only long stay, I don't think there should be a a problem.

The only time we have ever had problems, it was not our fault, but instead INS's departure record keeping. They made a 5 month mistake entering my children's exit date, so it showed as a 3 month overstay (with VWP you can stay only 90 days, and they were shown in the system as having stayed almost 6 months). The mistake cleared out at the point of entry, so there was no futher problem.
        Before they travel to the US again, I think it will be safe to go to the local consulate to clear things, it is not nice for small children to spend 1 hour in the "little immigration room at the ariport"

Comment

I appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
          X