Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help filing I-751 divoce then remarrige

Hello, I just found out about this website and I have someone could help me and my wife out on how to fill in I-751 please.

I have a hard time filling out I-751 because our situation is different; my wife came here with a J-1, then she married to US citizen then they went separate way and divorced before her 2 years green card is expired. Then I married her,(I am a US citizen) we have done all the I-495 and paid for everything about 1500$. We even got an appointment for interview. in the interview the interviewer told us that we have to file I-751 and mailed it in, then she has to state and sign to get her old I-495 withdraw. At this point we have done everything except sent in I-751. and I am not sure where to put my information or her ex husband information, please help me out here. I will list all the part and number if any have time to help me out please?

Part 1. Information About You, the Conditional Resident

• At Marital Status

11. Marital Status; should I put as Married or divorce?

• At Additional Information About You

21. If you are married, is this a different marriage than the one through which conditional residence status was obtained?
    should I check Yes or No?

Part 3. Information About the Petitioning Spouse or, If filing as a Child Separately, Information About the U.S. Citizen or LPR Stepparent Through Whom You Gained Your Conditional Residence

• Relationship

In this part, do I put my information or her ex husband information here?

This is really all the question I have. Please help me out anybody who can.
    By the way, I cant add I-751 to here because file is too big
    but here is the page to get it
    http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD
    Thank you so much

Hi,

If you have already got Divorce legally, you can mention it as Divorcee.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

Originally posted by Singkaew View Post
    Hello, I just found out about this website and I have someone could help me and my wife out on how to fill in I-751 please.

I have a hard time filling out I-751 because our situation is different; my wife came here with a J-1, then she married to US citizen then they went separate way and divorced before her 2 years green card is expired. Then I married her,(I am a US citizen) we have done all the I-495 and paid for everything about 1500$. We even got an appointment for interview. in the interview the interviewer told us that we have to file I-751 and mailed it in, then she has to state and sign to get her old I-495 withdraw. At this point we have done everything except sent in I-751. and I am not sure where to put my information or her ex husband information, please help me out here. I will list all the part and number if any have time to help me out please?

Part 1. Information About You, the Conditional Resident

• At Marital Status

11. Marital Status; should I put as Married or divorce?

• At Additional Information About You

21. If you are married, is this a different marriage than the one through which conditional residence status was obtained?
    should I check Yes or No?

Part 3. Information About the Petitioning Spouse or, If filing as a Child Separately, Information About the U.S. Citizen or LPR Stepparent Through Whom You Gained Your Conditional Residence

• Relationship

In this part, do I put my information or her ex husband information here?

This is really all the question I have. Please help me out anybody who can.
    By the way, I cant add I-751 to here because file is too big
    but here is the page to get it
    http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD
    Thank you so much

WilliamPeter
    United States Citizenship & Immigration Services

Comment

thank you for your responds I also will try to call them to ask about that also

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation