ANYWAY TO SALVAGE GREEN CARD???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANYWAY TO SALVAGE GREEN CARD???

Okay, a little background information. I have been with a man for awhile who was in the process of getting his green card through his wife. They have been together for 4 years and he's only lived in the United States for 2. Me and the man were just friends at first but then ended up being together and after awhile I found out he was married. We are in the process now of trying to start our own lives together which obviously means them getting a divorce. He just finished the process of getting his papers but is scared to leave her. She has always been abusive towards him mentally and physically especially since he's been in the process of getting his papers. She always threatens to cancel them and get him deported back to Mexico. He's not happy with her anymore but basically I'm wondering if he would have to start all over and get his papers through me if they were to get divorced and we were to get married or if he could salvage his green card somehow through all this. He also has a 9 month old daughter with her and she always threatens that if he leaves that he'll never get to see his daughter again. Is there anyway she could keep the daughter from him let's just say his papers got canceled and we had to start all over based on our marriage? Also does infidelity have anything to do with all this? Him and I have been together for about a year and a half and if she can prove he wasn't faithful can anything happen to him? Him and I are really trying to make things work out but he is really scared to leave her. His main concern is his daughter and making sure he'll still be able to remain in her life. Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Also they did get married because they loved each other. He wanted to stay and live in Mexico but she didn't want to so that's how he ended up coming here. They just aren't happy anymore.
    Last edited by nicole525; 09-06-2013, 03:24 AM.

Yes, he can get the permanent green card by claiming he was abused. Or he can get divorced and remarry, then start the process all over again. He must withdraw his origional application if you take the second option.

Comment

Originally posted by federale86 View Post
      Yes, he can get the permanent green card by claiming he was abused. Or he can get divorced and remarry, then start the process all over again. He must withdraw his origional application if you take the second option.

If he claims he was abused, what happens if she denies it? It is his word against hers or will he for sure be able to still get his permanent residency?

Comment

Working...
      X