Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are American's obligated to file immigration papers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are American's obligated to file immigration papers?

Federale,

Are there any provisions within the law that would mandate the obligation for USCs to file for a foreign spouse?

I am seriously pondering the thought of exposing the wrong doer!
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Federale,

Are there any provisions within the law that would mandate the obligation for USCs to file for a foreign spouse?

I am seriously pondering the thought of exposing the wrong doer!
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

No legal obligation to file. However, the unfiled for spouse can self file if spouse refuses to if a K-1 if they were married or a VAWA case.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
        No legal obligation to file. However, the unfiled for spouse can self file if spouse refuses to if a K-1 if they were married or a VAWA case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But I missed VAWA! Please see my prior notes. Is there anyway the judge can re-grant VAWA. I do have police reports and statements from counselors about being abused. I might even be able to procure live witnesses to some of the ordeals.

Comment

You can petition the court to have your case reopened, just like Obama's Aunt did. However, it is very rare and you know why Auntie got her case reopened.

Comment

Working...
          X