Marriage to a us lpr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage to a us lpr

we are both Nigerians, we have been married for 2months, dated for 7yrs. my husband travelled on a dv lottery on Dec 19th 2009, he is due for naturalization on Sept 19th 2014, what is the fastest means of joining him, waiting for him to naturalize? that would take long. am wondering if he can apply for me now and when he get his citizenship, he wouldd upgrade the petition to a faster one. pls urgent advice needed.

You are right. He should sponsor you now and when he becomes citizen then he can upgrade his petition and it will be much faster since you will have an earlier priority date.

Comment

Your suggestion is a good one. The wait time for spouses of green card holders to come to the U.S. is about 2 years. There is no wait time for spouses of U.S. citizens but the application would take at least 6-10 months to process. So your idea is good- have your husband file the application for you now. If the wait time for spouses of green card holders decreases, you’ll begin to be processed and you can come to the U.S. If the wait time continues to be long, your husband can have your petition upgraded when he becomes a U.S. citizen.

Comment

Thanks Lisa, that's encouraging.

Comment

OLDE4, Not all Nigerians are fraudstars, this particular marriage is one borne out of love. i have all the evidence to prove what ever there is to prove, but unfortunately, i have to wait to till he naturalizes.Good luck to you too

Comment

My spouse who is LPR filed I-130 petition oct2011 which got approved on 31st May. We have received the notice of approval. Imy stay is legal here theough my F-1 status Now While filing I-485 and I-765 i found that forms need A number information. Please guide me whether i have to wait for A number or i should file I-485 along with other forms. Would be obliged if any firend guide me. regards and stay blessed

Comment

I-130 petition got approved

My spouse file I-130 petition for me during oct 2011 which got approved on 31st May 2013 and i have received notice of approval. While filling form I-485 and I-765 i noticed that form require A number which i have not got yet. Please advise me whether i need to wait for A number or there is some alternate. My stay here is legal and when petition got filed , I was staying at USA. Would be obliged if any friend guide me. regards and stay blessed

Comment

Originally posted by zarin144 View Post
                My spouse file I-130 petition for me during oct 2011 which got approved on 31st May 2013 and i have received notice of approval. While filling form I-485 and I-765 i noticed that form require A number which i have not got yet. Please advise me whether i need to wait for A number or there is some alternate. My stay here is legal and when petition got filed , I was staying at USA. Would be obliged if any friend guide me. regards and stay blessed
                The A-number should be listed on the I-130 approval notice. It’s 9 or 10 digits- an “A” followed by 8 or 9 numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by doren View Post
                  OLDE4, Not all Nigerians are fraudstars, this particular marriage is one borne out of love. i have all the evidence to prove what ever there is to prove, but unfortunately, i have to wait to till he naturalizes.Good luck to you too
                  really..??? Which two Nigerians aren't fraudsters? The entire country is a fraud, run by fraudsters and inhabited by even more of the same. I think that Nigeria has a constitutional prohibition against ever telling the truth.

Comment

Oh and that's not the only Place!! Places in this world People Live a Life of Lying and cheating, No choice there. Then they come to USA and Nothing changes they only know this way of life. It Damages Others, The Newcomers Don't think twice about their Lifestyle and how it affects others. Yet Lives are Destroyed and This country Allows it! The Immigrant Somehow is more Important in our system in the here and now than The Original USA Citizen.
                    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Originally posted by MakeItRight! View Post
                      Oh and that's not the only Place!! Places in this world People Live a Life of Lying and cheating, No choice there. Then they come to USA and Nothing changes they only know this way of life. It Damages Others, The Newcomers Don't think twice about their Lifestyle and how it affects others. Yet Lives are Destroyed and This country Allows it! The Immigrant Somehow is more Important in our system in the here and now than The Original USA Citizen.
                      The responses that insinuate that the OP or their spouse is a fraud based on the country of their origin is the primary reason why this board is failing for the people it was intended. The only fraud being committed is allowing Someone12 and Olde to continue to spread their lies and subhuman genome in this world and that is why people who need immigrant questions ansswered should not be here on this forum.. The only people that should be allowed are the degenerates who have nothing to live for and nothing to gain. Unfortunately there are more Americans who fill that description than immigrants nowadays.
                      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Working...
                      X