Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I travel outside USA on my I-551 stamp on my passport ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel outside USA on my I-551 stamp on my passport ?

I just became your new member. I entered USA on immigration visa on June 13th. My passport has I-551 stamp which has a validity date of October 14, 2009.

My question: Can I travel outside the USA and re-enter on this I-551 as I have not yet receive my Green Card. The USCIS web-site says that it will take up to eight week to receive my plastic green card as they are upgrading their system.

Waiting for the reply.

IKRAM KHAN
    khaniu@gmail.com

I just became your new member. I entered USA on immigration visa on June 13th. My passport has I-551 stamp which has a validity date of October 14, 2009.

My question: Can I travel outside the USA and re-enter on this I-551 as I have not yet receive my Green Card. The USCIS web-site says that it will take up to eight week to receive my plastic green card as they are upgrading their system.

Waiting for the reply.

IKRAM KHAN
    khaniu@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Khaniu and welcome to ILW.

Yes you can travel outside and re-enter the US with the I-551 stamp on your passport, it is a temp GC but not a card. You should have no problems. Just make sure your passport has enough validation on it, and not expire while you are away.

Happy travels
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Yes, that is one of the purposes of the stamp.

Comment

you will get your GC in a couple of days not weeks. Welcome my friend, welcome!!

Comment

Working...
          X