Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel whilst waiting to adjust status

I we ( myself and three kids) manage to get a
    I-130 visa and enter the US. How long is it before we can visit our folks back home???

I we ( myself and three kids) manage to get a
    I-130 visa and enter the US. How long is it before we can visit our folks back home???

Comment

If you mean you are adjusting your status from tourist to permanent resident, you can travel with a travel document aka advanced parole but it's not a guarantee to get back into the country especially if you have overstayed your tourist visa.
      I would wait until you get your permanent residency and then go.

Comment

That doesn't compute at all !!! It seems to us that you don't even know what type of visa, and eventual stats, you'll have after you landed.

There IS NO such thing as "I-130 visa". I-130 is the name of a petition form used to apply greencards for relatives of USC and LPR. If an I-130 application is approved, and the entire immigration process is smoothly done, and you manage to LAND in the US, you will be a Lawful Permanent Resident without any needs to adjust status.

I really wonder why you mention "adjust status". K and V visa holders will be required to adjust their status. But in your case, it's unlikely that you are on V visas since they're petitioned and processed by using form I-129.

Take a good look at your passport and see if you have a very beautiful US visa stamp in it. If yes, take a very good second look at the type of the visa. If no, and you were dealing with I-130 and you've been thru the immigration process, then you're an LPR.

James

Comment

untill you have proper documentation to do so

Comment

Working...
          X